how do I stop? or at least find balance

Options
ratkaj
ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
So I reached my weight goal about a month ago, but I can't seem to stop losing weight. None of my clothing fits, and my family is starting to give me grief about being too thin. I eat my calories but now that I eat better I can't seem to eat the 1800 MFP tells me to eat. On average i eat about 1400-1600. I eat nuts to use up calories but I can't seem to get off this weight loss machine. Any advise?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can exercise a little less. Try adding dehydrated fruit as a snack, replace 1 glass of water with a glass of juice. If you drink skim milk switch to 1% if you drink 1% switch to 2%. Get off of lite, or low fat products and eat the regular fat version. Add avocado to salads and sandwiches.
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    congrats on getting to your goal weight, u shud be proud of yourself. Maybe stop login on MFP for say a week and stop weighing food and yourself, and then after a week. i find i subconsiously try and choose things that will put me in my calorie goal. A bit of freedom may let you actually eat more. Also eating more at breakfast is a good idea, i find i dont feel this as much say if i ate a bigger lunch or dinner. try skipping from low fat milk, cheese, etc to higher fat things :)
    xxx
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    Sounds like you have kicked your metabolism into high gear! Congrats on reaching your goal weight.

If you are still exercising frequently, might cut back on that. Also, there are high calorie supplements you can take to help you gain weight. GNC and Vitamin Shoppe sell them. I doubt I will ever need to do something like that but it would help you take in more calories, which sounds like what you need to do.

Good luck!
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    end that problem over here please :) anyway I agree stop trackign calories for a week (it's hard once you started) did you change your goals on MFP to maintenece? Eat everyhting they tell you. Unfortunatley being underweight is just as unhealthy, after all your hard work don't get sick! Try adding a little to eat meal and see if you start maintinaing
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Are you eating under your maintenance calories because you're not hungry or do you think it's more of a psychological thing? Meaning, you're afraid to gain weight?

One thing you could try is to eat higher calorie foods during each meal. If you drink skim milk, switch to 1% or 2%. Switch all low fat foods to fuller fat versions like all cheeses including cottage cheese, yogurt, salad dressings, peanut butter, etc. You could also try drinking protein shakes. Are there any foods that were off limits before you reached your goal? Maybe pasta or beef or eating out in restaurants? Enjoy them more often.

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight!
  • ratkaj
    Options
    Are you eating under your maintenance calories because you're not hungry or do you think it's more of a psychological thing? Meaning, you're afraid to gain weight?

It's funny you ask that, it's both. I eat good foods which are low cal... then I have to eat more and I'm not hungry. But it's also that I worked so hard and that I have gained weight back before. I think it's a multidimensional problem.
  • ratkaj
    Options

It's funny you ask that, it's both. I eat good foods which are low cal... then I have to eat more and I'm not hungry. But it's also that I worked so hard and that I have gained weight back before. I think it's a multidimensional problem.