Modern vs old school playlist

jarrettd
jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
My daughter and I work out together...She is 22, I am 44. I've been choosing music for our workout playlists and I'm getting TWO THUMBS DOWN. I generally like older southern rock or new upbeat country. Her...not so much!

I want to surprise her with a new playlist, but I'm clueless. I need help choosing new, up-tempo songs that will keep us motivated. I know she likes Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and others, but I'm so far out of my element here that it's not even funny!

So, if you're young (or young at heart) please tell me what you listen to when you run or work out. What really gets you up and going? Nothing vulgar, please, as there are usually little ears around when we workout.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Sorry - no suggestions here, but it would be soooo much easier to find common ground if you were both into Indie Rock ! :wink: :glasses:
  • ashleyxnicole89
    ashleyxnicole89 Posts: 38 Member
    You'll probably both do well with some techno/ remixed songs. They have like really fast paced beats to get you moving faster. I myself listen to 90's alternative, I sing along in my head and it keeps my mind off the time, as I usually quit running due to boredom! lol
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Doesn't need to be common ground. I'll listen to anything. I just want to make her happy.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    try the site jog.fm
    It has entire playlists at any speed you desire!
    If you don't download the songs from there, you can at least search for ideas and take a listen!