How much sleep do you get?

Options
2»

Replies

• CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I aim for 8 but normally it's closer to 7 (if that)

I think the theory is that with enough sleep your wake up feeling alert, motivated and is running on optimum level.

Being tired makes you more likely to snack (your body is seeking a high and it thinks it will get it through food - normally "bad" food) so that's why the experts say you should try to get plenty of sleep.

We are all different though and for some people 8 hours sleep would be too much!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Menopause is kicking my bum, I am lucky if I can stay asleep 5 hours a night.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I try to get to bed in the 11pm hour, usually read until 12 or later, and wake up around 7:30AM. My issue is with QUALITY sleep. I am woken up many times by kids or animals, and have a hard time falling back to sleep... so I don't know how much quality sleep I get. I know the nights when I sleep solid, I feel so much better.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Menopause is kicking my bum, I am lucky if I can stay asleep 5 hours a night.

Unfortunately I'm with you! SInce I'm older, I just can't sleep anymore! I probably get to sleep around 10 - 10:30 and wake up by 6:30. SOund like 8 hours, right? Of course that includes 3 trips to the bathroom, my husband's snoring waking me up exactly at 3:30, and the dog wanting to go out at least twice, not to mention my husband going to the bathroom once or twice! SO do I sleep at all? In bits & pieces! At least I am never drowsy during the day, but somedays, like tonight ( I woke up at 4, got up at 4:45 to be productive as long as i was awake!) I will probably fall asleep on the couch if I happen to be able to sit down and relax at 7:30 tonight!