What do you eat with your eggs that's lower in carbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You should consider switching to 1 whole egg and 3/4 egg whites.
    If there's no cholesterol problem, eat the yolk, that's where the protein is.

Agreed completely...also where all the flavor is!!

Additionally...do some research on cholesterol....some of the newer findings are pretty interesting.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon, YUM! or a broiled tomato - double yum!!
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You should consider switching to 1 whole egg and 3/4 egg whites.
    If there's no cholesterol problem, eat the yolk, that's where the protein is.

Agreed completely...also where all the flavor is!!

Additionally...do some research on cholesterol....some of the newer findings are pretty interesting.

Will do! I don't have a choelesterol problem...but I do need to watch my sodium.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Love me some asparagus mixed up in my eggs. Cut up in 1/4" pieces and fry up in the pan, add eggs and some cheese. Serious nom noms.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat english muffing -- you can save yourself 100 calories by making it at home instead of McDonald's Drive-Thru!

Did you know that if you do need to grab breakfast on the go, that you can ask for NO MARGARINE on an Egg McMuffin? True story. It's not a bad choice at all.
  • jules_02
    jules_02 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use Mi Mama's low carb wheat tortillas from WalMart. I believe they are taco size and only 70 cal. Otherwise 45 calorie whole wheat bread (I use Sara Lee) with turkey bacon.
    To mix it up, I weigh out 3oz of hashbrowns and cook using Pam. Then add 1/2c egg beaters and cook it omlet style. You could add veggies and cheese or substitute egg beaters with your egg whites.
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my favourite breakfast is scrambled eggs (simply egg whites with one egg) and ground turkey with red pepper and onion. you are full and it is loaded with protein!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i top it with salsa
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I make mine into a breakfast sandwich with a sandwich thin (only 100 calories), spinich, and a wedge of laughing cow cheese :)
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I usually make a scramble. I use New York Style Sausage Company's 95% lean ground pork, which is low in fat and sodium, and some mushrooms, a little bit of onion, and a little bit of green bell peppers. Low in carbs, fat, sodium and hi in protein.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I make mine into a breakfast sandwich with a sandwich thin (only 100 calories), spinich, and a wedge of laughing cow cheese :)

THAT sounds good!
  • meredithpenney
    meredithpenney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like my eggs with the morning stars sausage patties! They taste like real sausage and are loased with protein! or brown for a few sec on each side a large piece of ham from costco and put your eggs and a lil cheese inside and roll them up! You can have two roll ups! Also try the ezikel bread in the frozen section!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have a couple scrambled eggs almost every day--with proscuitto or bacon or sausage. Sometimes add chopped veggies like mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli ... but not often (because of laziness).
  • masonsmomma
    masonsmomma Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LeeLeeTunk
    LeeLeeTunk Posts: 84
    Options
    I add weird things like salsa and ham....or veggies and sour cream! make up a new omlette!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options