I MUST stop overeating!

Options
I know that my biggest downfall is overeating. I don't know what it is, but if there is food near by sometimes I just can't help eating it even if I'm totally full, and I end up feeling like crap and can't move until I'm totally digested, like I feel now :frown:

I'm part of the Biggest Loser challenge on this website, and I also bought a bikini that I plan on wearing for a cruise in January, so I have a lot of motivation to be doing really well and sticking to my eating plan. Today, I was invited to this potluck, picnic style lunch in the park where everybody made something and brought it for everyone to share. And I knew that I wouldn't really be able to control what everyone brought and be able to count calories exactly. These are the types of situations in which I generally end up seriously overeating. So, since I didn't have total control over my caloric intake in this situation, I decided to take this in smaller steps. I made a deal with myself that I could help myself to whatever food was at the lunch that I wanted, as long as I promised to recognize when I get full and just STOP eating....but, alas, I failed. I am STUFFED and I feel so sick. I HAVE to stop doing this to myself. I know I can't beat up on myself if I mess up once in a while, but I really need to start listening to my body and stop eating when I'm not longer hungry.

Just thought I'd get all that out here....thanks for reading.

Replies

• carak2000
    Options
    I know that my biggest downfall is overeating. I don't know what it is, but if there is food near by sometimes I just can't help eating it even if I'm totally full, and I end up feeling like crap and can't move until I'm totally digested, like I feel now :frown:

I'm part of the Biggest Loser challenge on this website, and I also bought a bikini that I plan on wearing for a cruise in January, so I have a lot of motivation to be doing really well and sticking to my eating plan. Today, I was invited to this potluck, picnic style lunch in the park where everybody made something and brought it for everyone to share. And I knew that I wouldn't really be able to control what everyone brought and be able to count calories exactly. These are the types of situations in which I generally end up seriously overeating. So, since I didn't have total control over my caloric intake in this situation, I decided to take this in smaller steps. I made a deal with myself that I could help myself to whatever food was at the lunch that I wanted, as long as I promised to recognize when I get full and just STOP eating....but, alas, I failed. I am STUFFED and I feel so sick. I HAVE to stop doing this to myself. I know I can't beat up on myself if I mess up once in a while, but I really need to start listening to my body and stop eating when I'm not longer hungry.

Just thought I'd get all that out here....thanks for reading.
  • searls717
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have lived my live by over eating and I lay it at my mothers feet because she ALWAYS made us clean our plates. She would say "Don't you know that their are starving children in Etheopia". I am seriously trying not to pass that onto my children.

Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I am stuggling with the same thing. I am trying to avoid situations that promote this, potlucks and so on, untill I gain a little more self control.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Hey Carak - I too understand how you feel, I still have "bad days", I have learn that in my case it is making the right choice and really deciding what is more important.

I wish you must success, and hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise! :flowerforyou: