Shocked to the point of change. SHOCKED!!!

Options
do you ever have one of those photo moments where you're like, "holy ****. that's what i look like?" um ya. shocker.

it's sitting at a table, eating a fruit cup and i look MASSIVE. i'm disgusted, want to cry and will never again let myself be that fat. EVER!!!!

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    do you ever have one of those photo moments where you're like, "holy ****. that's what i look like?" um ya. shocker.

it's sitting at a table, eating a fruit cup and i look MASSIVE. i'm disgusted, want to cry and will never again let myself be that fat. EVER!!!!
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    been there too! keep up the good work. with that attitude youll be just fine.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    those moments of shock are what got us all started here! Use it!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    yes! They always look so much worse than your image in the mirror, to where you're like, OMG that is NOT me, is it??
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I hope I get to walk through the process with you. I AM going to love your posts next year advising newbies on how to do it!

I can see it now.....the ticker slowing gliding to the right.....pants falling from your bottom (ok dont want to see that)

You are a lovely girl. :flowerforyou:
  • alimassa
    Options
    Oh yes...there is a picture of me holding my 2nd child that is my shocked picture! It was about 5 years ago and my husband and I were both in awe the last time we saw it.

Work through it!! In a few years you will have a whole different kind of shock...the good kind!!
    :heart: :heart:

Ali
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    well, I look at my license from 2005, OMG I look so bad and then I look at wedding phote when I started loosing weight, not to bad, now? No camera, notta, no way!!!!!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    lol, yes.

I think I might of harmed some of my friendships over my OMG picture. We all went out on a boat and my friend let me borrow her tankini and I was sitting relined and slouched in the corner of the seat and my hair was all wet and messed up... I threw a fit to have two of my friends take those pictures of their MySpaces. NOT GOOD! lol :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    lol, yes.

I think I might of harmed some of my friendships over my OMG picture. We all went out on a boat and my friend let me borrow her tankini and I was sitting relined and slouched in the corner of the seat and my hair was all wet and messed up... I threw a fit to have two of my friends take those pictures of their MySpaces. NOT GOOD! lol :laugh:

soooooooo where are their bodies buried?:laugh: :laugh:
  • susan62
    Options
    I know that feeling!! Not only was it a photo, but one of the 3 yr. old twins saying, "Gam, your so beautiful and huge." I said, "Thank you, but Gam is going to quit being huge." With everyone's help and support I can lose this weight.
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Those pictures seem to find there way to you at just the right time, I seem to find one in an album or someone will say "hey remember that" It keeps me motivated, and I really can't wait to see the ones that are to come. I know that they are going to be awsome! Those OMG pictues are fuel for your fight.
    I had family photos taken 3 weeks prior to starting my new life and I can't believe how different I look now just two months later.:wink::wink:

93399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    i have had that moment before!!!! use it as inspiration to be a better person!!!! Thats what i did!!!!

sarahspics067.jpg

common girl you can soooo do this!!!..... and you can say look how healthy i am now!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    i have had that moment before!!!! use it as inspiration to be a better person!!!! Thats what i did!!!!

sarahspics067.jpg

common girl you can soooo do this!!!..... and you can say look how healthy i am now!!!!

ahhh and isn't it so true that when someone snaps one they manage to get us with a plate or a mouthful of something on it's way in. lol Funny now but OHHHH not when you see the pic. But that was our refuge before we had our eyes opened up.

I do peek back to the older pics and I'm no skinny girl now but I can see how far I've come and that's to me what counts now. :drinker:

I allow myself to look over some pics from some years back and I have to truly call it years as I would NEVER allow pics of me to be taken for I can't even recall how many years.. 10+ at least...it's hard for me to find one at my highest weigh as I could only stomach those pics for so long and had to stash them back in my shoebox. lol

Oh yea, and what about our past pics where we SWORE we were fat, in our minds but our bodies were not what I could ever call fat....I was obssessed always thinking I was huge that over time I became what my mind thought I was years earlier.

So pull out the pics from time to time if it's motivating and brings you to a shocked reality that helps you keep moving forward...but please be careful you don't allow yourself to harm what you're doing now with them

. Sometimes it takes a long time to see how far we've really come ...our minds don't seem to keep up with our bodies actually that's one reason I do monthy pics to keep my mind connected to reality. I hear so many comments and then some days I just think what the HECk are they EVEN talkin about!:noway: