Gold's Gym Dance Workout (cal logging)

ChristinaMarie85
ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok, so I recently my hubby bought me the Gold's Gym Dance Workout game for the Wii. I love it lol. But, I'm not sure that it's giving me an accurate reading on my cals burned. It is supposed to count the calories you're burning while playing. You can use 2 controllers or 1, obviously 2 gives a better reading. And you can use the Wii mat thingy, too. Well I only have 3 controllers and no mat, so how does it know what I'm doing with my feet? &If my Mom comes over and plays with me (we can only use 1 controller each), we do a 30 min workout, and we sweat our @sses off, but it'll say we only burned like 50 cals each (sometimes she has more, sometimes me). The thing is, when I read the game manual, it said the workouts are put together as circuit training. Yesterday I did a 58 min workout and it said I burned 318 cals. So, just to see what the difference was, I checked the Exercise Database and for 58 mins of Circuit Training it's 438 cals burned, and for Aerobics, high impact it's 384 cals burned. Does anyone have any advice for this? Should I just keep logging what it tells me or should I log it as something else? I don't want to short-change myself, but I don't want to give myself too much credit, either. My first thought is to just keep logging what it tells me I burned, but I just don't know. Any suggestions?

Replies

• sin2kutty
    sin2kutty Posts: 2
    What it says sounds about right....it is mod to high intensity. Keep up the good work!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Three words: Heart rate Monitor.

Its by far the most cost effective way of getting an accurate(ish) calorie burn value regardless of what you are doing.
  • ChristinaMarie85
    What it says sounds about right....it is mod to high intensity. Keep up the good work!

• ChristinaMarie85
    Three words: Heart rate Monitor.

Its by far the most cost effective way of getting an accurate(ish) calorie burn value regardless of what you are doing.

Yeah, I NEED to invest in one. I know it's the most "accurate" way of telling, but I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and really don't want to spend the extra money on one until I get back. I'll just continue logging it as what it says. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.