Question

Options
I have a simple question. I have gone from eating 3000+ calories per day to less than 2000 and including excercise, now 1 week later I awoke to having absolutly no energy at all. Is is the reduced calories? I feel strained to do even basic activities today. Just wanted some opinions.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    why have you gone from 3000 to 2000 is it on MFP or since youve joined on here?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    We need more info. Your start weight/ height (you're male, right?) are you exerciseing, open your diary so we can see what you are eating.
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Your body probably isnt yet used to the difference in calories. Make sure you are eating back your exercise calories- that will probably help. Also, make sure you are eating low calorie but high energy foods like veggies and lean protein!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    What type of foods are you eating? Some foods make you feel *ick*-heavy foods, greasy foods...cake when it's 100 degrees outside and you go for a run (don't ask me how I know about this last one, lol). Also, make sure you are drinking lots of water and take a multi-vitamin!

If you keep up with the exercise, your energy levels will increase. I would say, if you are exercising 4-6 days a week, you should start noticing improvement within the next week or 2.

GL and keep up the great work!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Some foods make you feel *ick*-heavy foods, greasy foods...cake when it's 100 degrees outside and you go for a run (don't ask me how I know about this last one, lol).
    :laugh:

sorry! that was too funny. anyways, i agree...it will probably take your body a little time to adjust to such a huge calorie change. i had bad headaches when i first started. now i have so much energy, that its hard to sit at my desk most days! lol good luck and add me if you want more friends :smile:
  • Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My Starting height is 6'0 and starting weight 381lbs, i think I have been eating healthier than usual. I dropped the calories in order to lose the weight, MFP says 2400 per day I usually end up below 2000.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My Starting height is 6'0 and starting weight 381lbs, i think I have been eating healthier than usual. I dropped the calories in order to lose the weight, MFP says 2400 per day I usually end up below 2000.

I would try hitting your goal calories and then see if you have more energy. You may not be eating enough to fuel your body
  • Jlongblade
    Options
    I have opened my food diary. Also I take a 1 a day vitamin, and Cayenne pepper pills as supplements.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat all your calories every day (maybe even go over them!) and then once you exercise, you gain back calories and then can eat some of those. The key is what you're eating and how much.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have opened my food diary. Also I take a 1 a day vitamin, and Cayenne pepper pills as supplements.

You should try eating your exercise calories. I see you are only consuming about 1200 calories a day after exercise and that is a HUGE jump for your body to take. Try eating back your exercise calories.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    You definately need to eat way more than you are eating!!! Are you using a heart rate monitor or using the calorie burns provided by MFP? With the type of burns you are getting, you are going to require MUCH more food. Lots of protein.
  • Jlongblade
    Options
    I am using the burns provided by MFP.
  • Jlongblade
    Options
    I do not feel like I am starving myself. I am not hungry which is a first. I am thinking maybe I just went to hard at my softball game I was running all over the place last night. I do eat protien, I have cut out a lot of red meat, and been eating chicken and pork with veggies, and fruits. I have been eating healthier and am proud of that. My calories are just really low. not intentional. I eat and then input, I do not plan a meal around how many calories I have left, I have cut my serving sizes to 1 - 2 servings instead of 4-5.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    You definitely have dropped your calories way too low! I'm seeing barely over 1200 total calories each day. Such an extreme drop and increase in activity is bound to leave you seriously wiped out! I don't personally worry alot about eating back exercise calories. It's alot more important for those with less to lose, but you've gotta get your basic minimum at least most days!! I know it's hard but I'd suggest increasing your protein iintake
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    WOW. You are consuming a lot of carbs. Yes, you are still under your carb limit for the day, but, each meal / snack should be kept around 40-ish grams. I don't care about "natural sugars" vs actual sugar, those oranges are very high in sugar, and as a result, your body will produce a lot of insulin, which makes your sugar crash, and will make you feel tired and hungry all over again. Try to eat more protein and less carbs.