I Need Support 101

Options
cfey28
cfey28 Posts: 11 Member
Wow, it took me 10 minutes to find out how to post a message! Oh, and BTW that's my high school cheerleading picture, I'm not really that young! haha.. :)

Hi everyone! My name is Courtney and I am fairly new to MFP. Kind of discouraged, I started this (MFP) with a friend of mine, and with her work and how busy she is, we haven't been able to be the support for each other that I think we both were expecting. Which, I know how busy everyone is, so I completely understand.

So I'm turning to the board for help. The last couple days, I've asked questions on my page and unfortunately the few friends I have, have not been able to answer me. So if you go to my profile, add me, so we can be each others support! I'm trying to learn my way around this website and I have a few questions on things.

Also, to tell you a little bit about me: I am 28 years old mother of one. I am engaged and we're tying the knot December 3rd of this year! I'm so excited! Last year I went on a strict low carb diet, and worked out religiously. I lost 65 pounds total. Since breaking from that, I've gained about 10-15 pounds back, kind of sad I know. So, I'm trying a new weight loss strategy. I realized that the low carb diet, I will not be able to live on for the rest of my life. It's really difficult. So, I'm needing YOUR help. I'm trying to do a low calorie, low carb, low fat diet. Just a nice rounded diet that can help not only me to lost the weight I'm wanting to lose, but also to learn to eat and enjoy what I eat without feeling guilty. I welcome anyone and everyone's ideas of good healthy food ideas. Especially snacking, that's where I do the most damage.

So, anyways, I look forward to meeting you and not only receiving your support, but supporting you with your goals as well!

Replies

• aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sending you a friend add...a
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    Hiya

I started a couple of weeks ago and I am still obsessed with MFP but what I like most are the friends I have here, they make ALL the difference in my opinion

Feel free to add me :)
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    welcome :) sending an add now :)
  • Farmgirl67
    Farmgirl67 Posts: 54
    Options
    You've come to the right place for support! I'm sending you an add now.
  • googagene
    googagene Posts: 32
    Options
    I'll do anything I can to help!
  • JGersten
    JGersten Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 57 so have gained and lost many pounds over the years. I have a 20 year old daughter who had my genes, good and bad. The bad being we look at food and we gain weight. Does not matter what diet you pick but as you point out it has to be one you can stay on for the rest of your life. It is calories in and calories out that matters. I have to exercise 6 days a week to loose weight and then once I get to a weight and do not want to loose anymore I need to keep up the exercise to be able to have some of the things I like on the weekends. A few tips of things that work for me.

If you like bread and your family has bread so you dont want to be left our the Josephs pita syrian flax seed bread is very good and only 60 calories for a large pita. I have that at dinner instead of rice or potato and for sandwiches etc.

If you like veggies have double at every meal. In summer great to grill them. They fill you up.

If you like sweets find something that works for you and you like, either yogurt, weight watchers dessert, small piece of choc etc. Since you have been successful once you know you can do it again. Good luck
  • sariana78
    sariana78 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I totally understand where your coming from. I have a desk job and it seems like i want to snack all day while on the computer. I have just started to lose weight, but already my clothes are baggy and i have a TON more energy. Which is much needed with 3 girls! When i buy food, particulary snack food, I look at the ingredients and the fat calories. If the surgar or any darivative thereof are in the first two ingredients, I do not buy it. Also, if more than half of the total calories are fat calories, I choose something else. As for portion control, I eat every meal either in a bowl or an 8" plate rather than the usual 12" dinner plates. It looks like alot of food, so when I am done I am not hungry. Tricking my brain I suppose.

This has helped me alot and i don't feel like I'm on a "diet" I hope this helps!

~Sari~
  • ASchreiber321
    ASchreiber321 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm "that friend" haha.....but I'm back on track and not traveling for work, so feel free to add me too!! We all need support. :)
  • cfey28
    cfey28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well hello FRIEND!! Ha ha! I'm glad you're back!