does anyone know any calve exercises

Tiffanyluvsaaron
Tiffanyluvsaaron Posts: 219
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone know any calve exercises so that mine will shrink? my calves are so big lol...its aweful...my thighs are 22.5 and my calves are 16. just need some tips on great exercises that wont build more muscle

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    skipping, is great, it works the calves, but will not make them bulky at all.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Stand on a step with the back 3/4 of you feet hanging off the step and slowly lower your heals down and bring them back up. There's a machine for that in the gym, but don't use weights as you want to slim your calves, not build them up.
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    stand on the edge of a stair and do heal raises very slowly. hurts like hell but works great.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Pilates helps to tone without building bulk. I have the same problem but my measurements are rather larger than yours. Just remember to stretch your leg muscles after a work out and that should help to keep the muscles long. As you loses the weight it will come off your legs too. With me that's always the last place I lose the fat.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Stand on a step with the back 3/4 of you feet hanging off the step and slowly lower your heals down and bring them back up. There's a machine for that in the gym, but don't use weights as you want to slim your calves, not build them up.
    ^^^ What she said ^^^
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    I'm confused. Do you want them smaller or bigger? Doing any exercise in that area will just make them bigger (very sloooooowly; calves are tough to bulk up). However, you cannot do calf exercises to make them smaller. You cannot spot-reduce by targeting a specific area. It doesn't work like that; the body takes fat from wherever it wants to.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Girl my calves are 17" so I know how it feels!! I've been trying to stretch them a few times every day...supposedly it'll help make the muscle appear leaner. I'm in the same boat as you weight wise. I'd like to lose 27-37 more lbs, and I'm sincerely hoping that towards the end of my goal, my calves will be smaller!

I also read somewhere to avoid wearing heels, jumping rope, and doing anything on an incline since these will increase the muscle size. Good luck!!
  • The step raise is great but to add some excellent definition after doing your set of 10 with your toes pointed straight ahead turn them inward (pigeon toes) and do 10 more reps then outward and 10 more...you will get an excellent burn and this will really help shapen and define your calves.
This discussion has been closed.