Recommend your scale!!

Options
i'm going to buy a new scale tomorrow to start my journey.....any good ones out there??

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
  • sonyabla
    sonyabla Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes! I purchased a Weight Watcher's Scale by Conair from Amazon.com. It costs $29 and works great! It's digital and goes up to 400lbs. Great buy.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Yes! I purchased a Weight Watcher's Scale by Conair from Amazon.com. It costs $29 and works great! It's digital and goes up to 400lbs. Great buy.

Great minds...
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty satisfied with mine, though I have to weigh myself twice because the first time is always off for some reason. So I step on it, let it read, step off and wait for it to turn off completely before stepping on again. It was thirty bucks, has a blue light-up LED display, is electronic, and is large to accommodate my size 12 feet. The brand is Taylor. The downfall is that it only works on hard surfaces though, which might be problematic if you have a lot of carpeting. (I tried it in my carpeted bedroom and it said I weighed 99 pounds, hah!) But I keep it in the bathroom, which works out because I use the toilet before weighing myself anyway.
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have the same Weight Watchers scale- I got mine at Costco for 30 dollars. LOVE IT!
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    I have a Wal-Mart cheapie digital scale in my bathroom....it runs about 3 pounds higher than the Wii fit balance board. Both of those are off from the doctor's office, but they are off consistently. In other words, the bathroom scale is always 3 pounds higher than the Wii scale. This tells me that they are each "keeping time" so to speak.

My thing is that I am not looking for a number on the scale, I am looking for loss. So, even if the Wii is off by as much as 5 pounds from the doctor's office, as long as I am only "officially" using the Wii, I can still track how much TOTAL I have lost.

Does that makes sense? I guess what I am saying is that it is important to make sure that the scale is true to itself (not having wide fluctuations) even if it doesn't agree with another scale.

This is pretty much only true if you are looking at total loss and not worried about how accurate the "number" is.

Just a thought...
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    we purchased the EatSmart precision plus from Amazon about 6 months ago and it is a great scale. Its a good looking scale, with a bright and large display. It is very accurate and at least at the time we purchased it, it was the highest rated scale on amazon. just peeked and it looks like its still got fantastic ratings.
    http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE

prior to this scale we had a tanita body composition scale. that thing was a piece of junk. weigh yourself 4 times in a row and it would give you different weights each time.
  • cat0001
    cat0001 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the Tanita body fat scale, had them for years & very accurate, would definately recommend
  • enchanted428
    Options
    I have a WW scale that is a piece of junk. Its off by about 10 lbs. The best one I ever bought was a 5 dollar one at ikea! Its old fashion but it doesnt lie!