Strange NSV...

Options
redfroggie
redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
I LOVE chocolate, especially dark chocolate. Since starting this journey I haven't had much. I'm not denying myself chocolate but have been making better snack choices. So today I sat down to do some work on my laptop, grabbed some coffee and noticed some dark chocolate biscuits that we bought about 2 weeks ago. I have teenagers in the house so they don't last long. I saw that there were only 2 in the box and checked the calories, which wasn't bad considering I burned 800 + calories at the gym. So I nibbled away at them and how I wish I hadn't. They made me sick to my tummy! OMG the sugar was just too much. So now they are sitting there in my tummy like a rock. I know now that I will always choose something healthier when I snack. 3 months ago I would of ate them and searched for more!

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I've noticed that when I have crap foods (like I used to eat) my body totally revolts. I guess it gets used to the good stuff and doesn't want to have any more yuck!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Something similar happened to me last week - I haven't had chips in months and since I was craving salt, I treated myself. Never again! The stomach cramps that I got after were just not worth it. I guess our body adapts quickly to healthy eating.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    In the future you might want to try Silk brand dark chocolate almond milk. It's great!

Good for you - not for the tummy ache, but for the valuable lesson learned, and the good choices you are making! :smile:
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ouch...maybe I *WON'T* "eat whatever the *kitten* I want to" this coming Saturday. I'll feel weird sneaking sushi and whey protein into the ballpark, though.....
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Ouch...maybe I *WON'T* "eat whatever the *kitten* I want to" this coming Saturday. I'll feel weird sneaking sushi and whey protein into the ballpark, though.....

LOL, yeah that would be a bit difficult. Stick to the popcorn???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!