Best Florida Beaches

Topsking2010
Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
edited 8:00AM in Chit-Chat
Hello Everyone,

I plan to spend 1 week in Florida this summer and looking for several beaches to checkout. No kids. Just adults on this trip. Please send me your top 3 Florida beaches and why. By the way Key West is on the top of my list.

I really appreciate your help. Hotel suggestions would also be great.

Thanks

Topsking2010

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    My husband & I recently went down to Naples. Spent the majority of the time in the Naples/Marco Island area. Stayed at The Naples Courtyard Inn. Wasn't the nicest of places, but we were only in the room to shower & sleep...spent enough money on other things! We had so much fun & it was such a beautiful area that I think we're going to do a yearly trip there.

We walked on the beach wherever Naples Pier is (was pretty busy). Also went to a beach in Marco Island (the main one? Not too familiar w/ it)...but it wasn't busy there at all & it was gorgeous!!!

Edit to add: Someone I know goes to Fort Myers Beach yearly & loves it....Also more of an adult area. I think he recommended hotels such as "The Pink Flamingo" & "Diamond Beach Resort"...I think that's what they're called.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I'm born and raised down in South Florida (34 years now).

Key West is a cool place to visit, but don't expect beautiful beaches. They beaches are rocky and they are not very sandy or nice.

South Beach has beautiful beaches and people, definitely fun place if you don't have kids.

Ft. Lauderdale is also very nice.

I'm not from the west coast, but I've been to Sanibel and it is really pretty over there too. White sand beaches.
  • Tammysueless
    Tammysueless Posts: 166
    I agree for a kid free vacay..Naples is great! The beaches arn't crowded and the sand is perfect! Plus there aren't a bunch of children running wild or college age kids drinking and disrespecting.
    Destin is nice too but more touristy.
    Key West is alright but if you are not staying at a hotel with beachfront you won't like the public beach ( lots of rocks and coral).
    And to my way of thinking if you go with kids then the Panama City Beach area is perfect!
    Have fun and catch some beachy rays for me!:drinker:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I appreciate all the information ladies. This is my girlfriend and I first vacation alone and I want to make it special.

Topsking2010
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    I appreciate all the information ladies. This is my girlfriend and I first vacation alone and I want to make it special.

Topsking2010
    I would definitely go on a catamaran cruise if I were you....That was the highlight of our trip! (And very romantic). We did a sunset cruise though Cool Beans Cruises (was right on the edge of Marco Island - Naples side). It was also very reasonably priced (I believe $50pp).

There are also SO many good places to eat down there!!! Shula's Steakhouse (Naples) was really good - incredibly pricey, but it's not like ya eat at expensive places regularly (well, I don't) :)

The Boathouse was also really good (Naples)- had swordfish for the first time ever & it was amazing.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    I loved Daytona Beach when we were down there visiting friends. You drove on the beach and parked. It was really cool. Plus we had SUVs so we sat in the back or under the hatch for some shade. Not sure if it was legal or not, I think it was...but we drank alcoholic beverages on the beach. I know some beaches don't allow that.
  • Paigealicious77
    Paigealicious77 Posts: 22 Member
    My aunt lives in Destin and I love it!! I got married down there. Their beaches are amazingly beautiful. The sand is so white! We just came back from a mini vacay down there and we acutally stayed in Ft Walton, which is about 10 minutes from Destin. When we got married we stayed at The Hilton resort in Destin, and it was a wonderful hotel and very relaxing. I highly reccomend it!!
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    The best beach voted by the Travel Channel in FL is the white sands of Sarasota. I kid you not it was like walking on baby powder. Dont know much about lodging since my parents live in Ft. Myers and we drove the the white sandy beaches is a MUST!! Have fun I will be there in 2 weeks.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Tops look up anna marie island
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Siesta Key is awesome! As is Anna Maria Island! White sandy beaches. Can't say enough good things about it. We go just about every year... count down is on! We are going down for two weeks in August!

Enjoy and have fun!
This discussion has been closed.