Am i the only person who despises WATER

Options
i haven't had soda for 2 weeks (yay) & i think im going through caffeine withdrawals I am shaking as i type this LOL............but i seriously despise water!! how do you spruce up you H2o bc it's becoming a chore to even drink it..( i've tried lemon is still grosses me out)

Replies

• MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I hate it too but i tried fizzy flavored stuff and it was a bit better :)
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I started by putting the Crystal Light To-Go packets in a bottle of water. They have a lot of good flavors. My favorites were Raspberry Ice and Fruit Punch. Over time, I stopped adding the packets and just drink water at room temp. I don't like cold water unless I'm really thirsty and it's hot outside. Drinking it at room temp makes it easier to go down for me personally. I still don't LOVE water, but I have gotten much better at drinking it throughout the day.
  • heathermrls
    Options
    every now and then i drink these carbonated flavored waters. no calories or anything in them. they are good. also i use mio in my water. they have all kind of flavors that you squirt in water and they have no calories. and they are yummy.
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    i absolutely hate water too, regardless of fizzy/flavoured etc.....so i only drink tea....the only time i force water is when im at the gym x
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Water can be any Non Carbonated, Decaf, No Sugar beverage. Lots to chose from: Crystal Light, Mio, Some teas and all of the Zero varieties of Powerade, VitaminWater or Lifewater and I believe Propel has a no sugar variety too.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm not a water lover, I have "ribena lite" in mine.
    Lots of crushed ice makes it a bit more interesting.
  • CooCoo
    CooCoo Posts: 14
    Options
    For a treat, sometimes I will mix in a Crystal Light type of flavoring. I buy the singles and only use about half of what it calls for. There are all kinds of water mixes available these days, you just have to find one that you like.
  • notapromqueen
    notapromqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way, and I still have a love/hate relationship with water. Have you ever tried Crystal Light? I started drinking Crystal Light, and slowly worked my way to mellowing it out until it was water. I still can't drink tap water (unless I mix in a Crystal Light to-go packet). I usually bring a bottle of spring water to work, and once thats gone, add tap water with Crystal Light. That gets me roughly 34-40oz of water while I'm at work. If you need fiber in your diet, Benefiber also makes a great drink mix; I prefer the strawberry kiwi. The Crystal Light packets are usually 5 calories, and the Benefiber is 15 calories.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Thank you!! I despise water also. It actually makes me want to vomit!! I thought I was the only one and people look at me weird when I tell them this. I drink 4C Light Ice Tea. Its sweetened with Splenda has no calories, sodium, sugar, nothing at all. As long as you like Tea and Splenda try it and see if that works for you. Good Luck reaching your goals!!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Mio water enhancers? http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/ They're really good if you want to add some flavor to your water! Its liquid too so it mixes really easily! You can add as little or as much as you want :)
  • rainydayducki
    Options
    I really like the CLEAR AMERICAN flavored sparkling water from walmart... I would like to get to drinking straight water but this is what I am using first until I get rid of my caffeine withdrawl.
  • LazyOne2
    LazyOne2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm not usually a big tea fan, but I have a 24 oz cup with a straw I fill with ice water and drop a bag of Green tea with Peach to flavor it. I use the same tea bag for about 2 more refills which also meets my water intake for the day. The green tea gives me a little boost too!
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    I hate water. God gave man the knowledge to make beer, wine, and whiskey because water was not safe. I drink a ton of it a day for the health benefit however. I currently use lemon juice. Soon I will have to find something better as I am sure that will get old. Mio looks like a good option. I also found Yum Drops online that may also be good.
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I've seen people put lots of different things in their water to spruce it up. Personally I stay away from crystal light because of the aspertame. Someone I work with puts frozen berries in her water. -I've been meaning to try that, it looks delicious. Someone else I know does slices of cucumber. You could try lime, or orange slices...

I'm with you though, drinking water is my struggle for sure! For me, I've discovered that just having ice was enough to make drinking more tolerable.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    NO you are not!!! I don't like water either but I am trying to get use to drinking it. I have use like a tbsp or so of Gatorade or the Crystal Light too. I have a very bad soda addiction and I am SO VERY PROUD of you for giving it up!!!! I would love to be friends on here if you would like. I love giving support.

Bev
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hate water….hate it!!!:grumble: I used to add a little lemon juice to my water bottle that makes is tolerable. This summer I have been pouring my hot tea over ice to make iced tea (no sugar added). Zero cals and not yucky tasting like water.
  • Divabonita88
    Divabonita88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Water can be any Non Carbonated, Decaf, No Sugar beverage. Lots to chose from: Crystal Light, Mio, Some teas and all of the Zero varieties of Powerade, VitaminWater or Lifewater and I believe Propel has a no sugar variety too.

I did not know that i had so many options, thanks!!
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I used to despise water.... but I quit sodas June 24 of 2010... the first 2 weeks were HORRIBLE... and I hadn't added water except at places we went to eat that had nothing sugar free, caffeine free except water..... then it got easier and easier... and then 2-3 months in and I felt cravings like I had never had ... because I wanted my diet dr. pepper ... BAD.... but I fought through it and I haven't caved in during this almost a year now.

I started actually trying to drink water Jan 1 of this year. And it again was HORRIBLE... I just have never liked it. So I made a deal with myself... 1 glass of water and then 2 glasses of tea or crystal light. My tea is caffeine free/sugar free but I was only counting plain water as my water for the day. Slowly I would up the amount of water and decrease the amount of other drinks. Now I drink 3 bottles of plain water before I allow myself a flavored water. After that I do at least half plain water for the rest of the night and if I have gotten 8 glasses of water before supper, I have tea with my supper.

I rarely vary from my plan and some days I don't add the mio, etc to that 4 th bottle. I kind of lose count and forget. I have found that while I still can't say I like the water... I don't hate it as much as I used to and it's just a learned thing that I had to teach myself to do. Hang in there.. you can do it too!!
  • Method2Madness
    Options
    My methods are to use Propel Zero or (if I'm working out) low calorie G2 (Gatorade).
  • Divabonita88
    Divabonita88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    do they sale Mio at the regular grocer or health stores? I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH THANK YOU off to the grocery store !!