At a stand still

Options
I started working out in January 2011, and quickly lost 15 lbs. I stopped working out in March and maintained the new weight. I started hitting the gym again a few weeks ago, cut down my calories, and now i am at a stand still in weight loss. I am starting to get discouraged because i am working out every day and see no change. Does anyone have any advice on how to kick start the weight loss again?

Replies

• jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    change up the types of workouts that you are doing! I was at a standstill not too long ago and i took a couple weeks off of hard-core calorie counting. I wasnt pigging out or anything but I figured if I wasn't losing doing my normal rutine and I wasn't losing off of it, what was the point? I was super busy with other things so it actually worked out to (not) work out. lol. After that I started to workout again and began eating only 1200 cals a day and my it was like my weight loss was "jumpstarted". Everybody goes through ruts, just make a change- confuse your body- and you'll come out of it!
  • CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have only been working out and cutting calories for a couple weeks now. Wondering if it has anything to do with the Fertility pills i am on that generally cause people to gain weight.
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    it could... i would talk to your doctor and ask about any side effects. either way i wouldnt give up! just keep chuggin along and im sure that ull come out of your rut.