Coffee Or not? And if so what do you put in it?

Options
kbella67
kbella67 Posts: 37 Member
I only drink one Venti Starbucks bold with some half and half and was told to put cream in it for less carbs by a trainer. I am confused about sugar, agave, honey or stevia. Was doing spenda, then switched to Stevia..I don't like the taste..I'd rather be more natural too but don't want to add sugar. I can't drink almond milk I'm allergic. I can do soy milk. This week I gave it all up for Green tea unsweetened..that's ok but I do miss it. Any advice I'd appreciate. thanks!

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Like everything else....moderation. I will not give up my coffee. I buy GOOD dark roast whole beans and grind it myself and add a bit of low fat half and half. When you have good coffee beans to start with, I found I don't need the sugar or flavored creamers. My first couple cups in the morning get the 1/2 & 1/2, and if I have any later in the day they are black. The key is GOOD coffee beans.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    As long as that's all you have I dont think some cream and sugar is going to kill you . I use Sugar in the Raw or Agave. Both are just natural sugar. I use like 3 packets of raw sugar for a Venti. You could carry your own Agave with you. It still has calories, it's just really sweet so you don't need as much. Both are better than white sugar or syrup cause they don't spike insulin as high.
  • saj96003
    saj96003 Posts: 19
    Options
    I make my own at home and use the flavored creamers. Yes, they have artificial sweeteners and all of that, but I figure one or two tablespoons a day will not hurt me. I need my coffee in a serious way! I would try making it at home so you can experiment with the different things you like and save money. Starbucks is such a rip off! Save the expensive drinks for special treats once in awhile and then put half and half or splurge and order a mocha!! Good luck.
  • christineanne8
    Options
    I usually put fat free milk and a sweet 'n low packet in my coffee from Starbucks to add some flavor. I've never liked the flavor of splenda, etc. If I make it at home, I skip the sweet n' low and go with 2 tablespoons of non-fat flavored creamer. International delight has a ton of flavors, but only about 4 or 5 are actually fat free. I hope this helps. I couldn't give up my coffee either!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I only drink caffeine in my coffee! It takes time to go to black coffee and I had to work my way to that while in college, but the natural taste of a good cup of coffee really can't be beat.
    Using whole beans and grinding them fresh will help you taste the actually coffee flavor, so if you don't do that, I would recommend it. It is way better than most if not all preground coffee, even better than what you can buy at Starbucks. Personally, I don't care for Starbucks cafe coffee, I rather buy the beans there and drink it at home.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    sorry for the repost!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    heavy cream and stevia. Mmmm.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I only drink about 1/2 at work monday - friday. I still use regular ol' creamer and sugar. Mine has to be really sweet and really white but as little as I drink, I figure it is not a big deal.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I add different things like Truvia, vanilla extract, sugar free choc syrup, cinnamon, juice from blueberries, or 1/4 cup coconut milk. It just depends on what I have on hand, just try different things and find something that works for you.