takening a week off

Options
Well it's already tuesday i haven't manage to eat my DC meals all in the same day so decided to take a week off of it and just eat right and see how it goes also TOM this week and i still have this cold which is really annoying so it wouldbe better i think just to relax a week and start over on saturday with any luck i will be better.

Replies

• sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Be careful with that, I took a week off the end of May and put 1.4lbs back on. Not a lot I know, but still working to lose them again sigh.......
    Wont be doing that again any time soon:sad:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I dont understand taking a week off. Of what? Eating healthy? Unless you are doing a fad diet, are you? You need to look at this as a life style change. Just be careful going "off" of this site before you are ready can lead you back to where you were before.
  • AAJoseph
    AAJoseph Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What is a DC meal, and I concor with Chantal... I would think this is a lifestyle change! I hope everything goes well and that you wind up living healthy "ON"!
  • Andrea_Bassett
    Options
    I think you shouldn't look at it as "taking a week off". Like the others were saying, it's a lifestyle change. Yeah, your going to have days where you just want to eat whatever your heart desires (and you crave), but you have to jump back on the next day and realize it's your life and your choices. I recommend starting right back up tomorrow. Don't get discuraged! Just remember it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • StephanieStarke
    Options
    For my husband and me, taking time off means going to maintenance. We've done this when we travel-a couple of times since we started three months ago. It seems to have a positive effect, but we've only gone a week at a time. It's good to know you can maintain, and it's good to get a glimpse of what "normal" intake will be when we aren't running a calorie deficit to lose. It's a lot more than you think! And going to maintenance for a limited time reinforces the knowledge that this is a lifestyle change you can stick with.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    for me it just meant not logging food and exercise as I was so busy, had visitors, birthdays etc. asi already said wont be doing that again, its amazing how soon bad habits sneak back in when you arent watching:smile:
  • flabfighter31
    flabfighter31 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What i meant was DC is a complete meal plan for losing weight and since i hadn't done it on sunday or monday i didn't really see the point on doing it the rest of the week so i am just going to use a maintenance programme that is basicly eat what the rest of the family is, also i have so many appointments this week between hospital for my son and interviews with clients namely lunch i can't sit there and say sorry i will just have my soup instead of your four star lunch it's a bit rude and i want to go back to these places also im not going to have a lot of time on my hands to exercise although all this walking around is quite good forgot how many hills are in glasgow lol. Anyway not going to eat junk food or anything like that just going to eat my normal family meals not DC meal that was all

ps DC = Diet Chef

fiona x
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I "take time off" it's just from logging, but I'm still usually making good choices and watching my portions. I won't log for the rest of my life (it seems obsessive to me), so it's good practice!

Just a note: I didn't log for a week at the end of April (was on a trip) and I gained nothing. Not even a half pound. I didn't lose any either but I was thrilled I didn't gain! :)
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If I took a week off I'd find it very hard to come back :-( I guess I need to routine of MFP!

I actually have next week off work so I am making lots fo plans to keep myself busy and give myself structure to the day!