Monthly *ahem* weight gain?

Options
I unfortunately started with MFP RIGHT before my 'time'.... so I don't think I'm getting normal results with the scale right now.

For future reference, what happens with the scale when you ladies out there see the full moon rising?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you and retaining water again this month. Scale crept up about 5 pounds and I know it's not because of my eating. It should slowly go back down again over the next few days.
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    I drink lots and lots of water during that week. It helps with the bloating and water retention. You can also push your weigh-in day forward a day or two.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I always see about a 2-3 pound weight change for about a week and a half. I usually just grin and bear it. I can always predict when it is going to happen because my chocolate chip cookie craving increases three fold :).
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It helps to only weigh once a week and only log your loss once per month..that way your not adding any gain during TOM
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I always see about a 2-3 pound weight change for about a week and a half. I usually just grin and bear it. I can always predict when it is going to happen because my chocolate chip cookie craving increases three fold :).

Yep! This exactly!
  • weofui
    weofui Posts: 9
    Options
    I gain 3-5 lbs the week before my cycle starts and lose it all within 48 hours of the cycle's end. I still weigh myself almost daily though, the brief spike doesn't affect the long-term trend.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I always crept up...
    If I did really good with my cravings, I would always loose it AND more.

Lately, I have been slacking.