making friends

Options
Man, I have been feeling lonely lately. I moved to a new area almost teo years ago and have yet to really make any new friends. I mean I am so super happy with my life. I have a wonderful husband and the best baby in the world and I LOVE spending my days with them! However, i do miss the chit chat with girls and, well, i guess just having friends. Now, I am a little bit shy and have a hard times just starting up a conversation with somebody. I never really know what to talk about...I wish that I could be one of those people that could just make friends with everyone! Anyway, I just wanted to get this off my chest and since I don't have friends to talk about it to I thought I would just put it on here! Sorry to anyone that wasted their time reading this! LOL

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ugh I am sorry you feel that way. I too have a hard time starting converstation with people I don't know. I have to say it's much easier for me to communicate via chats or email ect...I guess mostly because I am doing other things when I am msging and so there's no awkward silence if I can't think of something to say right away lol. Good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have found that it is easier to make friends when you don't care what other people think. I go into a crowd of people, I am who I am. If people don't like me...that's fine and to be expected. If they do, we become friends.

Works for me at least.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    how about taking your baby to the pool? joining a tots swim class or something...be around other mom's with the same aged kids...I mean I'm one to talk, I don't know any 30 year olds with an 8 year old lol but at least you will have something in common with them
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i totally feel your pain, i lived in wa up until 5 months ago had tons of friends was so busy i didnt have time for myself. Now due to my husband being military i live in a place where the population is like 2,233 and the only thing here is a walmart. So i totally know the definition of lonely but its giving me time to focus on myself and get healthy. I do miss my girl time but i noticed by taking a few cardio classes im starting to meet people.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Here too... i recently relocated and changed jobs, i went from a job that had 1200 people down to a place with 6 and they are all crochety old men, who have been here for over 30 yrs. Nothing in common with any of them, so i dont have a single person to talk to... so i get super lonely. :ohwell:
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Were do you live? There maybe be people her on MFP that are close to you that you could meet up with in a well lit very public place for a walk or coffee, I met alot of people on line it's how I got into my anime group :D Just keep trying ^_^
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Have you looked to see if there are any mother's clubs in your area. Try looking on google or sometimes you can find them on meetup.com. I met a lot of people that way.