How long until you lost inches?

Options
Garae
Garae Posts: 116 Member
Just wondering how long it took you all to start seeing inches come off, rather than just pounds :)

Replies

• icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have a rather large bone structure so in almost fifty pounds I've only see a body wide 4 inches lost. I think it depends on your frame for a lot of it. If you have a large frame you won't see nearly the inches as a more petite person sees.
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not sure how long it took to start seeing them drop, but I just measured with my trainer. It has been two months since I started working with her and doing strength training, and I've lost a total of 5" off my body. :-) I was excited!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    for me it all depends on the exercise and water intake... If I stick to an exercise I can loose inches quick... but for me to finally go down a size in jeans it took me 23 pounds to loose. And I've been at this just over 4 months! Sadly it's been very slow, but at least I should be able to keep it off
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 inches in my first week or two. I can't know for sure since I officially just took measurements yesterday.
  • sandradoll
    sandradoll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started seeing results after 3 days. I was working out and eating healthy, but I wasn't losing any weight. I was getting so frustrated, so then I decided to start measuring myself. It's a slow process, but it helps with the motivation.

I am the type of person that needs to see progress, or else I get off track. This helped me focus on my true goal. I have 30 more to go...
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I found that as soon as I added some serious strength training in my routine, that's when the inches started melting off... though, that slowed the actual scale number down (as I was replacing fatty fat with lean muscle).

Someone else also mentioned - also depends on your individual body frame make-up.

In 13 months, I've gone down 2-3 dress sizes.... but am "only" down 44 pounds. BUT.... I've lost over 60 inches (the largest being in my torso... for which I am essentially 8" skinnier!). AND... I'm down about 15-16% body fat.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I noticed results after about a month or two.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    15-20 pounds. I lost two clothing sizes the first 15 pounds and have lost another since the second 20 pounds are gone. Up until this week, I had very little change in measurements although my body shape changed enormously. My clothes were bagging off even though I still measured the same. I think it was from fat in areas I don't usually measure, like where my butt meets my legs, around my ribcage, my face and chin, and my groin area. Weird places...lol. It certainly shows a LOT now though. Very suddenly...
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for 3 weeks and I can already tell. My work slacks fit so much looser. I started MFP 5-17 and took measurements 5-25.

Last week I added 30DS to doing run/walk intervals. I've lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks and last night just out of curiosity I measured a thigh. It was smaller. I measured it again just to be sure. Then I measured a few other places...and they were smaller. I was actually surprised. I didn't record them as I plan to do this at each month. But I'm seeing results already.