Cleaning out closet burns how many calories??

Options
Just spent the past 1 1/2 hours, trying on old / small clothes to see just where I was!! Yippie, I can get into some of my favorite pants that I hung onto from 6 or so years ago. But..... how should I document calorie burn.... I got in a good sweat trying on over 52 pairs of pants! Pants off the hanger, on me, off me, back on the hanger. LOL I haven't even gotten to the shirts yet. So, what do you think??

Replies

• LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'd log it as either light/moderate or vigorous cleaning...which are in the database...based on which you felt it was.. :)
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't document calorie burn in the form of cleaning or cooking or anything. I figure that into my regular routine.

Congrats on fitting into all the pants you've hung on to! I bet that's a great feeling!!! :):)
  • bjorgen2
    bjorgen2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think light/moderate cleaning for 90 minutes. Great job on fitting into smaller sizes!!
  • congresta77
    congresta77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I always use this site to help me get a rough idea of how many calories I burn doing house work etc...

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/caloriesburned/cleaning_house

congrats on the weight loss and fitting in your smaller clothes ;-P
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Congratulations!

The last time I cleaned out my closet, it was to admit defeat and donate all of the clothes two sizes too small that I thought I'd never fit into again. I'm almost ready to try one things one size smaller again. And I'm looking forward to the day I can buy NEW clothes to replace the ones I donated!

I agree on light/moderate cleaning. I always log cleaning and anything else that requires more physical exertion than just going to work, coming home and watching tv. When I set up my MFP account, I listed myself as "sedentary," which was difficult to accept, but on a normal day I do spend most of my time sitting at a desk and later on a couch. So yes, I'll also log the calories I burn shopping for my new clothes someday, too. :)