MFP Runner's Club - 9/21

Options
Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 5 miles this morning. It is a beautiful morning for running here. Only 59 degrees!

I can't wait to hear how the races went yesterday.

-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 5 miles this morning. It is a beautiful morning for running here. Only 59 degrees!

I can't wait to hear how the races went yesterday.

-Kechie.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I finished in 5 hr. and 41 min and place 14th out of all of the women!!!!!!!!
    I did the swim (1.2 miles) in 35 min, the bike (56 miles) in 3 hr adn 3 min and the run (13.1 miles) in 1 hr and 56 min!!!!
    Couple days off for me!:bigsmile:
  • bellmom627
    Options
    I did the swim (1.2 miles) in 35 min, the bike (56 miles) in 3 hr adn 3 min and the run (13.1 miles) in 1 hr and 56 min!!!!

AMAZING job!!!!!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Great job! :drinker: I'd be happy with that run even without the swim and bike 'warmup!
    Tom
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Good Morning! Everybody must be out running and haven't started the thread yet!! No run for me today, just 30 minutes with Tony Horton. (Is it a sign of becoming an exercise junkie if you feel bad about 'only' running 11 miles yesterday and skipping my work-out?):laugh:

Have a good one!

Tom
    Oops, started the thread on the wrong page. SHould have had some coffee first I guess :embarassed: Question - a few days ago somebody gave me a link to a site called Spark-something, where you can calculate nutritonal info for homemade recipes, among other fitness/ nutrtition stuff. Then I did an update on my computer and lost the link. Anybody know what I'm talking about? (Tried to google it, but comes up with 7,000,000 suggestions - gave up after the first several pages). Is there a way to search the message boards for keywords?

Thanks
    Tom
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Good morning!! I didn't know about this runner's club. Margarita messaged me yesterday after I posted about my first 5k. Thanks!! Well here I am. I will be logging in with you all daily now. Just a little background...I recently hit a high in my weight and to get it off I joined this site and started running. July to be exact. I am running every day with a boot camp that I attend. I just got over a knee injury, but prior to that I was running 5 miles a day just to finish. I signed up and ran my first 5k this weekend. Finished in 32 minutes for a little over 10 minute miles. I was really proud but want to get that time down. So, I am hitting the road every morning for 3 miles then Ill continue to run the extra mile with the boot camp. I want to be in the 20 minute range (29 end) on my nest 5k which is October 4th.

For today, I ran 3 miles... finished in 33... so the time was a little longer, but I ran on a path that has 4 honking hills!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a great day and thanks for telling me abpout this "club"!! Look forward to getting to know you all!!!!

ps... my goal is a half marathon next spring!!! Any great tips on how to get there?????
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

GREAT JOB, ANGIE!!!!!! :drinker: Took me 35 minutes to haul my carcass out of bed this morning! :laugh:

Going for a run later, I'll check in afterwards! :smile:
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    Good Morning runners!

It was a beautiful morning for a run! It is finally cool enough that my head did not feel like it was going to explode, but still warm enough to be comfortable in shorts and t-shirt. I am looking forward to a little cooler weather, but I am grateful for a break from the oppressive heat.

I ran 5 miles this morning on the trails around Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin. It is a great place to run. I wish I could run there more often.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday run or rest!
    JD
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Tweety 3
    Welcome to the group and congratulations on your commitment to run a 1/2 marathon. :drinker: Just a couple of points I found helpful getting ready for my first. Daily running for a relatively short distance is great for weight loss and establishing a base fitness level. As you start to increase your miles, you may want to schedule some rest days, or cross training on a bike or elliptical, especially if you have a knee injury, to keep your legs healthy. The other thing is to vary your intensity. If you always run' to finish', you will find it hard to maintain race pace (unless you are running ' to finish'). So it's fine to take it easy on your long distance days, but on some of the shorter days, run intervals or tempo runs (where you run faster than normal for various periods with recovry periods in between). It will make you stronger, and get your body used to running faster paces.
    Have fun!
    Tom
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Congrats on your accomplishment! Awesome!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning!! I didn't know about this runner's club. Margarita messaged me yesterday after I posted about my first 5k. Thanks!! Well here I am. I will be logging in with you all daily now.

Yeah!!! Great to see you here!! Welcome. And great job!!!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

All I can say is "WOW!!!"
    You are the bomb!!!
    SM
    :flowerforyou:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    GREAT JOB, ANGIE!!!!!! :drinker: Took me 35 minutes to haul my carcass out of bed this morning! :laugh:

Going for a run later, I'll check in afterwards! :smile:

Good morning run to you!!!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Well after my long run yesturday and my new spot at work my back is a little mmmm soar. I think I am going to do a bike run instead today and try running tomorrow.

I noticed at work the last couple of days I was getting some pings in my lower back. I think combo of wrong shoes the fist day and getting use to new spot at work.

I got promoted and am now incharge of shipping and recieving for the parts department at my work. (One of the Largest outdoor motorsporsts company's in California.) Well almost in charge, I take over in just over a week, then I get my operation and will be out for a couple of weeks, but they wanted me to take over anyway. But now I am out and about and not at a desk all day and my back was like "hey what are you doing?" I don't lift to many heavy things, but I am lifting a lot of little things now all day long. Any good ideas on how to keep my back from wrenching? I guess I should get a back brace but it is so hot now I wouldn't be able to wear it.

Good news with the promotion, I start later in the morning, so I will be back to running about 4 days a week again.

See you more often. I think I need a new picture, I look like a blong Mary Ann from Gilligans Island.
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Good job all. I'm just proud to post my measly 5 miles today! Monday through Wednesday I think I'll be doing the Shred video and walking but I'll be back to running Thurs through Sunday.
    People in this thread give it their all. I need to be around you over-achievers!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options

That's incredible!! Way to go!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 10K today. I finished 2nd in my age group - my time was 49:06. Needless to say, I'm pretty freaking happy! :laugh:

I treated myself to a big fat milkshake at Cheeburger Cheeburger...mmmmmmm!
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Ran my first 10K today. I finished 2nd in my age group - my time was 49:06. Needless to say, I'm pretty freaking happy! :laugh:

Congratulations!! :drinker: Good job
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

That is awesome!!! WTG girl, I think you deserve a couple days off! Great times too!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Awesome time!! 2nd in your AG is great too. I hope that milkshake was yummy! :wink:

Jess