Oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• nhgirl30
    nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use a 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 banana, cook it in water in the microwave. Then add cinnamon and Truvia or any artifical sweetener. It takes pretty good and no sugar.
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use the reduced sugar variety of instant oatmeal. I have found it in generic brand at my local supermarket or at walmart and Quaker offers it too. The cals are almost the same, around 130 but the sugar is 4-6g

I'm an instant oatmeal kinda girl...but I also use the low sugar store brand. I don't eat oatmeal enough to justify cooking up a weeks batch. Once or twice a week for me, it balances out for me in the long run
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    1/4 cup of old fashioned oats, 1 tblspn of peanut butter, 1 sliced banana and a dash of cinnamon. so filling.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    This is one of my fav's... 1/2 c old fashioned oats, 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce, dash of cinn and nutmeg, stevia to taste, and water to correct texture (I like mine chewy so use less water). Microwave 110 seconds. Add a pat of butter and stir it up. Reminds me of apple crisp.
  • MarielP83
    MarielP83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like it with cocoa powder and peanut butter. I'm about to try it with pumpkin and cinnamon.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Tried and true oatmeal eater here -- most every morning since I began my weight loss journey almost five years ago.
    I use the quick-cooking kind, cooked in the microwave. I usually had a tsp or so of sugar and then it varies....sometimes, I eat a slice of wholegrain toast with my oatmeal, others, I stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter.
    I was using Splenda, but decided I'd go back to granulated sugar -- not enough calories in my eyes to justify the expense of buying Splenda or the artificial ingredients in it.
    My breakfasts are always under 400 calories, and keep me full all morning. Some days in the winter, I'll even have oatmeal for supper.
    Kaye
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Here is another one for you.... make a very strong cup of black chai tea and use that instead of water making the oatmeal. Sweeten to taste. Yummmmmy!