hour glass?

Options
barbiex3
barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
If you consider yourself hour glass shaped, what are your measurements?

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm 36-29-36 right now
  • barbiex3
    Options
    do you think 35-26-36 is?
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 42-31-43
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Generally, there has to be a 10 inch difference between your waist, bust, and hips. However you're only 1 inch off so I would say you are an hourglass.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options

I would say yes. And based on your profile pic I would also say yes.
  • Juliebelanger22
    Options
    There is a scientifc ratio to this...I can't remember it!! I consider myself hourglass/pear shape!....bust :35'' waist : 28'' hips: 40'' I'm bigger in the hips however, as much as the logical answer would be an hourglass shape is same size of bust and hips with a thinner waist...I don't think it looks as hourglass shaped as maybe a bit smaller bust than hips...My personnal opinion however!
  • MiraBoleyn210
    Options
    47, 36, 46
    I am sort of in love with my shape lately. I just want to scale it down.

And you're just an inch off. I'd work it.
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    Just a quick note, there have been a lot of studies on body geometry, symmetry and how people perceive beauty. Generally anytime a women's waist is .7 of her hips or greater it would be considered an hourglass figure.

@Juliebelanger22 by the formula above you would be a perfect hourglass for your size.

This .7 ratio also has been found to be what men are attracted to world wide, across all ages (studies included ages from 10-90).
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    ummmmmmm
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    38-not telling-36....lmao :bigsmile:
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    ...I am sort of in love with my shape lately. ..

Best thing I've heard all day!!!!
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    38-30-40. I would like my hips to be 38 and then I think I would be happy happy happy!
  • finafilms
    finafilms Posts: 40
    Options
    I agree I think based off those you are hour glass. I am 34 - 27 - 34.5 (trying to get that middle number down a bit :)
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    Enter your measurements here: http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

According to your measurements you're a straight body type, which over half of the female population actually is.

If you were to subcategorize yoruself, you'd probably be a slender hourglass, because it is obvious there is some definition.

To be an hourglass shape however, I think your waist needs to be 9 inches smaller than your bust, or something crazy like that.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    34-25-34 here. I think you qualify as an hourglass
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    39 29 41
    my *kitten* is a bit on the round side lol
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 38.5 (34DD/E)-28.5-38.5 exactly. Happy enough with that except the my waist has only dropped three inches and I've dropped six off the others. Just waiting for my waist to catch up!
  • MariaAlexandra
    MariaAlexandra Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So now there are MEASUREMENTS to be considered SHAPELY? What is it about numbers that everyone is obsessed about? If you are happy and SEE yourself as shapely, then you are! As long as you are happy with yourself! :) Looking at your profile pic, I would say you have a very nice shape!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Enter your measurements here: http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

According to your measurements you're a straight body type, which over half of the female population actually is.

If you were to subcategorize yoruself, you'd probably be a slender hourglass, because it is obvious there is some definition.

To be an hourglass shape however, I think your waist needs to be 9 inches smaller than your bust, or something crazy like that.

That website confirmed what I've always known. I have no waist. I'm very straight. haha...banana!
  • barbiex3
    Options
    So now there are MEASUREMENTS to be considered SHAPELY? What is it about numbers that everyone is obsessed about? If you are happy and SEE yourself as shapely, then you are! As long as you are happy with yourself! :) Looking at your profile pic, I would say you have a very nice shape!

LMAO! I LOVE THIS!!! <3 thanks =]