Lowering carbs and increasing weight loss?

Options
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had good results when cutting out carbs after lunch. I've done the whole "no carb" thing before, and it worked great, but I felt like crap and the weight came right back.

I'm considering only having whole grains ect when I do have carbs, and then cutting them out altogether for my dinner and afternoon snack. Has anyone done this? I think the carbs are really slowing my weight loss.

Thanks!

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    What time of day you eat carbs isn't going to affect anything. Rather focus on the total number of carbs you eat per day. If it makes it easier for you to only eat them in the early part of the day, go for it. However, the total number of grams you eat per day is what is going to affect your weight loss. Personally, I think that if you aren't specifically eating really low carb (under 60 grams or so), it's not going to make much of a difference in your weight loss overall but everyone is different. I've done low carb while counting calories, too. Regardless of how many calories I ate (always over 1300), if more than 50 grams were from carbs that day, I didn't lose weight.