Protein overload!!!!

Options
Im starting to see that im always over on my protein , Can tooo much protein be a bad theing and hurt me in the end !!!!!

Replies

• mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Im starting to see that im always over on my protein , Can tooo much protein be a bad theing and hurt me in the end !!!!!
    Not if you aren't going outside of your caloric intake, and you aren't predisposed to kidney complications (very few people are as it's a clinical condition that you would probably be aware of by now).
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    I'm the same, but loosely following Atkins so more concerned about carb intake than anything else!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Do your best to keep calories, carbs & sodium at or below the required values. Protein being over is not a bad thing. Mine is almost always over by at least 20.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options

Correct to what they are saying...
    When you are eating high amounts of protein remember the following:
    Macronutrients (veggies, vitamins, minerals) are important to ensure you are getting enough.
    Carbs - give your body enough carbs so that the brain gets what it needs (the brain wants carbs for fuel not protein)
    Fiber - you need to make sure you get more fiber...
    Water - :) drink right?

Otherwise - you should be fine!!!
  • Tkbarnes
    Tkbarnes Posts: 14
    Options
    @ cjjones007 iM DRINKING LOTS OF WATER AND A EAT A LOT OF VEGGIES ,I TAKE A MULITVITAMIN EVERYDAY , IM HAVE LOT OF GOOD CARBS , AND MY FIBER IN TAKE IS GOD , WAS JUST LOOKING OVER MY FOOD LOG AND YESTURDAY I WAS OVER BY 79 PROTEIN POINTS
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    You would have to eat 300-400 g of protein withno other foods for days before there might be a problem
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You would have to eat 300-400 g of protein withno other foods for days before there might be a problem
    What problem would arise from that?
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what you eat? I am always way under in my protein and have a hard time figuring out how to up the protein without also upping the fat.
  • Tkbarnes
    Tkbarnes Posts: 14
    Options
    FOR BREAKFAST I HAVE EGG WHITES, OR A WHEY PROTEIN SMOOTHIES, LUNCH I HAVE SOME KIND FOR LEAN MEAT CHICKEN , FISH OR BEEF , WHAT EVERY MEAT I HAVE FOR LUNCH ILL HAVE ANOTHER KIND FOR DINNER, I HAVE PROTEIN BAR FOR SNACKS OR BEFORE THE GYM , BUT I ALWAY TRY TO HAVE A FRUIT, VEGGIES OR GOOS CARB WITH EAT MEAL TO BALANCE EVERYTHING OUT