water retention

Options
Yesterday I needed a break fromlife so I decided to join my riding group on a all day ride. We rode 250 miles for lunch and back.

I did get my full day of water plus some. wake up this morning and see the water retention in hands big time. Afraid to get it on scale to see if this added any weight on. Any thought on how to get off prior to weighting in..

Replies

• harleydiva
    Options
    Yesterday I needed a break fromlife so I decided to join my riding group on a all day ride. We rode 250 miles for lunch and back.

I did get my full day of water plus some. wake up this morning and see the water retention in hands big time. Afraid to get it on scale to see if this added any weight on. Any thought on how to get off prior to weighting in..
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had that from walking in walkathon one time. The sponsers said this happens due to the position of your hands for a long period of time. You dont think about how much you move your hands during the day.

My friend and I drew some funny stares the next year, as we walked down the street with our hands in the air! :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Oh yea, sorry.:blushing:

WOW....250 MILES.......OMG if I did that swollen hands would be the LEAST of my worries!:sick:

:bigsmile: :smooched: GREAT JOB!!!! :heart: :bigsmile:
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    great job riding:drinker:

Always try to get your hands above your heart, so when you swing your arms when walking or running...swing to above your heart, That will prevent your hands from swelling up.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    well two things about water....

when I wake up that way and I am all bloated, I exercise a bit to get the sweating going and I also on occassion take a diuretic.

I don't stay on them, but it helps to loose excess water in the body.

I use a aquaban or diurex.

I asked my doctor about them and he recommended them.

But sometimes a brisk walk in the A.M., if you have the time, or some 20 - 30 minute yoga really helps
  • harleydiva
    Options
    I think I need to clear something up. When I stated that I rode for 250 miles for lunch and back it was on my motorcycle.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I know when I have this problem, it is because of a couple of things. If I rode 250 miles on my hubby's motorcycle (or even in the car that long), it would have to be water retention due to lack of movement. Don't get me wrong, you really can use your core - depending on the ride, but your body is pretty much in 1 position for a long time. Try a deep stretch, some exercise and hydrate. Hydrate? Yes - it will help you stay on track with your meals today and allow your muscles to recover. We travel a lot for business and I love road trips - this REALLY works for me. Don't worry about the scale today, you can do that tomorrow.

PS: My hubby wants to know what kind of Harley.... :wink:
  • kellierenee
    Options
    Try Mona Vie It really has helped me with my water retention and weight loss. Go to www.mymonavie.com/kellierenee/product.asp. It really does work I have lost 17 lbs on this juice along with 30 minutes of excersise 6 days a week. Check out my website really!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I think I need to clear something up. When I stated that I rode for 250 miles for lunch and back it was on my motorcycle.

LOL.... I KNEW THAT!!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I thought u meant on a bicycle!!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    That is so funny. I get that too and I do the same thing.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

:laugh: I caught that exactly what you meant but was enjoying all the responses picturing your hands waving in the air keeping them from getting water retention! SCARY!!:noway: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and more water is what I drink when I retain water...is today a weigh in day for you? I ask because if you'd HAVE to weigh in today...perhaps give it a day or so and drink DAT water girl!! It'll remove impurities and it's so good for your entire body.

When you do weigh in....most likely it will be gone and it won't show on the scale. OR you could weigh and then wait a day and see the difference ...just for fun.:noway: :drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I have NO idea why I thought this but from your first post I thought you meant horseback riding. I was going to say, wow, 250miles! poor horsey. lol i'm a geek:blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

:blushing:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • harleydiva
    Options
    Thank you all for you comments. Some really made me laugh. Took some advise. I rode to the gym (mortorcycle) and work out really hard to today and the water retention meas to be going down.