Warrior Dash

Options
Teeladog
Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
So...who has done a Warrior Dash before? I am planning to run the one in Warsaw, Virginia in October. I am in good shape and I am not worried about the run part. I am slightly worried about a few of the obstacles just because my upper body strength isn't really all that.

I know that all the dashes are a little different but I would appreciate the feedback of anyone that has done one already. Also, anyone want to join me on Oct. 1st in Virginia?

Replies

• myndee
    myndee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing my first Warrior Dash in OK in Sept... But I'd love to hear what others have to say
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing the one in North Carolina on August 28th! I have never done it before so I too am curiouse what advice MFP'rs have for us. I am worried about the run part and about the obstacles.
  • Teeladog
    Options
    I was going to do the North Carolina one (I live in NC) but by the time I found out about it there were no morning slots left and I just could not face doing the dash in the afternoon in AUGUST. That reminds me...I need to sign up for the Virginia one before that happens to me again.
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Michigan this July! I haven't done a Warrior Dash before, but I have done a Muddy Buddies, which is similar. The obstacles weren't difficult at all. There should be a course map on the Warrior Dash website that even shows what obstacles you are going to run across, so you can be a bit prepared :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I was going to do the North Carolina one (I live in NC) but by the time I found out about it there were no morning slots left and I just could not face doing the dash in the afternoon in AUGUST. That reminds me...I need to sign up for the Virginia one before that happens to me again.

I also couldn't face doing the one in NC in August (who ever thought that was a good idea was smoking something) so I am doing the one in MN in July.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash a month or so ago, it's in my mfp blog with pics.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/edorice
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I checked the NC one this morning and there are still slots open for Sudnay morning. What part of VA. (northern, southern,) is the race in Oct.
  • Teeladog
    Options
    It is in Charles City Virginia. Looks to be between Richmond and Williamsburg.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the PA one this coming Sunday morning. Can't wait!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the PA one this coming Sunday morning. Can't wait!!!

Have a great time, I do recommend a couple of disposable cameras for your race.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Proud to say "I Survived" the PA Warrior Dash. It was as hard as I thought it would be (which is very hard), but it was so much fun!!! Can't wait to do it again next year.