I'm new, and I'm STARVING. LOL

Options
chicpower1
chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
Oh UGH I'm so hungry. I randomly and spontaneously did a search on my Android today for a calorie tracking program and up came myfitnesspal. I'm very impressed, but am also very unprepared. I don't have the appropriate groceries in the house but that will change once I can get to the grocery store tonight. I had a baby 6 months ago and had developed gestational diabetes so I have a good idea on what I should and should not be eating, but I went nuts after the baby and it's very difficult to find the time to eat right. I lost the baby weight but am now stuck at the overweight state I was in prior to the pregnancy. I have a 20 year class reunion coming up in 2 months and if I could just lose 10-15 lbs I'd feel very comfortable with myself. Ultimate goal is more than that but 10 lbs would make a world of difference. My problem is exercise. I'm so tired all the time. Part of that is my eating habits, but part of it is getting up during the night with the baby, then managing her and my 5 year old all day and trying to keep up with the house, doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, etc. My gym is 45 minutes away and too far to drive with the cost of gas, and it's too hot to take the baby out anywhere for a walk. When I find I have a few moments to exercise it's not possible because my bouncing around will wake the little one. LOL! Sooooooooooo.............I need alot of support, and alot of ideas outside of just eating right. I had a c-section and my belly is really flabby. Gonna have to at least start doing situps soon. Those are quiet enough.

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    hi there

I know how you feel, I wanted to workout when my baby was little, but i didn't even get time to sleep nevermind fit in any exercise, so i gave up until he was sleeping better, which meant i was too and felt human enough to start exercising in the evenings.

I don't go to the gym, I do my own workouts at home, I find loads of stuff on youtube.com and do it in my front room!!

Eating healthier will definately start you off on losing those unwanted lbs!

Good luck!:happy:
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    hahahah I love your topic:)

Don't fear, you've come to the right place! MFP has been a god-send for me. There's so much encouragement to be found and alot of helpful insight into the world of dieting and exercise. That being said, here's my two cents:

As far as eating goes - you can eat healthy and be full! I promise! Its all about eating the right things to satisfy and fuel your body. Think REAL foods - lean meats, good carbs, and fresh produce. Take your time at the grocery store and really read the labels. Try to get as little packaged and processed foods as possible. And ask around - talk to friends consult your doc and find a system that will work for you and your specific diet and health needs.

As for the "quiet" exercise...well that might be a bit more of a challenge! If you want to get in some calorie and fat burn, you're going to have to move! Brave the heat or pick up a workout video that looks good to you and do it with the volume down. I suppose you could try some yoga or pilates...?

Either way, good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! :) This is a great place to get started and when I decided to take that step into losing weight I had just given birth to twin girls back in January. I also take care of my 2 year old son on top of that so I know how busy and hectic life can get! I can definitely suggest starting out with being mentally prepared. Having willpower will take you far! Then see what kinds of foods you enjoy and get some ideas on what can be subsituted for those things. For example if you like burgers, try out lean turkey meat and veggies for your sides. Once you get some of the eating habits down excercising can really help out. I know that having kids can be really hard to get to the gym so I invested in a treadmill but if its a cost burden start off with some workout dvd's. Nothing too crazy like p90x lol. Overall you can definitely achieve your goals. Add me if you'd like for any motivation and ideas on what to eat :) Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • hmiller2011
    Options
    does your little one have to sleep on you?? I had the same problem with letting my 3 month old sleep on me because she would absolutely freak out if i didn't let her. It's been 2 weeks & she's been sleeping on her own with a few tricks of course. We can support eachother :) You can lose the weight it's hard work but it's possible!