Protein NO BAKES

Options
katt742
katt742 Posts: 196 Member
I want to make no bake cookies, you know, the oatmeal and peanut butter and chocolate ones? But I was thinking of trying it with a couple scoops of my chocolate whey protein powder and no sugar...anyone have any ideas? I want something that is high in protein...Right now I eat the snackwells protein bars before my workout...they are140 calories and 8 grams of protein...

Replies

• rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea and sounds like it'd work... Using the protein powder instead of using the cocoa powder. Is the protein powder pretty sweet? just do some small batch practice runs!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well, I drink my protein shakes with just the powder, water and a banana and they are plenty sweet for me....so Im hoping they will be sweet enough cookies...I may have to try it this weekend!
  • teranlovesgary
    Options
    '.
  • teranlovesgary
    Options
    Hi! I found a recipe on here the other day that turned out awesome!

2 cups uncooked oatmeal
    1/2 cup natural peanut butter
    4 scoops protein powder
    1 tablespoon flaxseed
    1 1/2 cups water

I also added 1/3 cup craisins!

Mix everything together, put in dish and flatten out. Freeze for 30-45 mins. Cut, wrap in saran wrap and store in the fridge. Mine turned out really delicious and my protein powder was chocolate. I got 8 nice sized bars at 235 calories and 16g of protein! Yum!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the thread she was talking about. I made them with almond butter and they're good. A softer texture than no bake bars, but still tasty.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/245155-no-bake-oatmeal-protein-bars

Just wanted to point out that it's only 1/2 cup water not 1 1/2 cups water.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi! I found a recipe on here the other day that turned out awesome!

2 cups uncooked oatmeal
    1/2 cup natural peanut butter
    4 scoops protein powder
    1 tablespoon flaxseed
    1 1/2 cups water

I also added 1/3 cup craisins!

Mix everything together, put in dish and flatten out. Freeze for 30-45 mins. Cut, wrap in saran wrap and store in the fridge. Mine turned out really delicious and my protein powder was chocolate. I got 8 nice sized bars at 235 calories and 16g of protein! Yum!
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    OOPs I was trying to reply on this recipe I just made it with 1/2 frozen banana and raisins , it was great!!!!! I halfed the recipe to make sure I liked it , I loved it , thanks for sharing.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I make "Protein balls"

1 cup PB (melted slightly in the microwave)
    1 cup choco protein powder
    1 cup oats

Mix together and add a bit of splenda or sweetener of your choice to taste.

I had to stop making thise because my teen neice and nephew would eat the heck out of them (and protein powder aint cheap) and then there would be none left for me.

Oh and you need to refrigerate/store them in the fridge.
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Im going to post a recipie that tastes just like those no bake cookies... but you have to bake them. They are delish and you can customize them to waht ever you want. they are called "Oats 'n' chocolate customizable protien bars. They are about 23g protien in them depending what you use for extras
  • _Jessica_
    Options
    Im going to post a recipie that tastes just like those no bake cookies... but you have to bake them. They are delish and you can customize them to waht ever you want. they are called "Oats 'n' chocolate customizable protien bars. They are about 23g protien in them depending what you use for extras
  • _Jessica_
    Options
    Here is that recipe!

I double the following recipe to make a 9x13 pan

Ingredients:
    1cup oats
    2 scoops protien powder (I use optimum nutrition)
    (I also added 2 scoops baking coco because I didnt use chocolate protien powder)
    4 egg whites
    1 banana mashed or 1/2 cup applesauce
    1/4 tsp vannilla
    1TBS natural peanut butter ( I used what I had in the fridge... not natural)
    Stevia or other sweetner to taste (about 4 packets)
    dash of salt
    Mix-ins of your choice : carob chips, choc chips, dark choc chunks, dried cherries, dried cranberries, coconut, cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds, .... anything you can think of
    ( I used mini semis sweet choc chips, dried cherries, coconut, and cashew pieces)
    1. Preheat over to 350 Degrees F and spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray
    2. combine dry ingredients and set aside. In a seperate bowl, combine egg whites, mashed banana, vanilla, and peanut butter. Blend well. Pour the wet into the dry and mix well by hand.
    3. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges start to seperate from pan or the tooth pick comes out clean.
    4. let cool completely before cutting
    5. ENJOY!

Roughly about 23 g of protien, and 250 calories
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ccaym
    ccaym Posts: 86
    Options
    bump
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    bump
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kingtony
    kingtony Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey Everyone: I made these and mine were pretty gross. I used quick oats and I think that may be the issue.
  • _Jessica_
    Options
    Hey Everyone: I made these and mine were pretty gross. I used quick oats and I think that may be the issue.

Kingtony: what did you put in them for extras. If you use coconut it will give it added sweetness, I added baking coco to mine to make them nice and chocolatly. I thought they were a tad dry but next time I will add more banana to make them moister. If they taste nasty it could be the protien owder you used. I think muscle mild is gross by nature and leave a bitter taste, that is why I use optimum nutrition. Good luck :)
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yodasgal
    yodasgal Posts: 5
    Options
    my first bump lol. I am going to try these thank you! My 12 year old is under weight I bet i could get him to eat these and he would never know hes getting all that protein lol!!