Getting back at it

jeweljeans
jeweljeans Posts: 109 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Last year I hit a tipping point when I saw a Christmas party photo from the previous year. I was shocked. I didn't think I had gained that much since college. It was then and there I decided to drop some pounds and get back into shape. I began running and went from 180 down to 150 in about 4 months. Cleaned up my diet too.

During this time, I met a wonderful man... and soon my exercise program fell behind as a prepared for a wedding this year. I didn't gain a whole lot, maybe about 5 pounds.. but the habit needed to be picked up again. I stepped on the scale about 3 weeks ago and decided before it gets out of control again, I need to do something.. NOW.

I have joined a gym, gathered some of the gal pals and hit it up 3-6 times a week. 165 lbs.. now 160... looking to tone up again... I'm 5'10" and my goal is to go back to 150 which was my weight when I was in college.. 10 lbs to go!!

Replies

• jeweljeans
    jeweljeans Posts: 109 Member
    Last year I hit a tipping point when I saw a Christmas party photo from the previous year. I was shocked. I didn't think I had gained that much since college. It was then and there I decided to drop some pounds and get back into shape. I began running and went from 180 down to 150 in about 4 months. Cleaned up my diet too.

During this time, I met a wonderful man... and soon my exercise program fell behind as a prepared for a wedding this year. I didn't gain a whole lot, maybe about 5 pounds.. but the habit needed to be picked up again. I stepped on the scale about 3 weeks ago and decided before it gets out of control again, I need to do something.. NOW.

I have joined a gym, gathered some of the gal pals and hit it up 3-6 times a week. 165 lbs.. now 160... looking to tone up again... I'm 5'10" and my goal is to go back to 150 which was my weight when I was in college.. 10 lbs to go!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Congratulations on your success and your coming wedding:drinker: :drinker:
  • I totally understand the whole weight flux!! Hopefully, your fiance is supportive & will be active with you. It s always harder when you're with someone who doesn't get it!

Good luck!!!
  • good luck with the 10 lbs...sound like you got it going on1
This discussion has been closed.