newbie!

Options
My name is Laura and Im a semi-newbie here. I have had the app on my phone for a few months and just stumbled across the message board a few weeks ago. Kind of been lurking trying to get the gist of things and waiting to finally start. I had been doing a 30 minute fast paced walk every morning with my dog and staying within my 1200 calories with a few cheats. I had a weeding to go to in Chicago so gave it up all together for a few days. Grabbed my scale yesterday for the official weigh in and was so upset.

Im at 180lbs which is the highest I have ever been. Im 23 years old. Im around 5'3 and my goal weight is around 120. This forum is such an inspiration and Im so excited to start my journey! My plan of attack to really start is Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred and continuing my walks in the morning with some elliptical work thrown in every now and then.

Feel free to add me =]

Replies

• stumpy_tash
    Options
    Hey laura!! I am also new at this lol well not the weight loss thing but this site! My sister recommended it and i am hoping it will really help me a lot. Ive added you and ill do my best to show my support and help keep you on track!! Take care hun :)
  • wccws21
    wccws21 Posts: 1
    Options
    im new to this too! one of my friends told me she was doing it and was seeing results so now i figured id try it out! good luck everyone!
  • reviens
    reviens Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello! I am new as well- Just started about a week ago! So far I really like it, I just hope I can stick to counting everything! I have the app and I use the computer version too! Its really helpful I update my food as I am preparing it! Good luck :)
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    im fairly new here as well i have about 16.6lbs to lose since i have already lost 3. I used to manage a weightloss clinic so i know all about eating healthy.. but for some reason staying motivated is really difficult for me. So i guess i am on this site for some new ideas as well as some support. I do get support at home but anytime i get really commited and start doing great the husband comes home with some form of delicious junk food and says "you look beautiful the way you are!" sweet right? definatly not helpful. I ride horses and am looking to compete next year again.. unfortunatly in december i was in a car accident that made it so i was unable to ride for a while... so the weight started coming on. So my mini goal is 16.6 lbs by august when i have to meet my husbands family for the first time. I am a great motivator and have a lot of knowledge about food and diets... so please add me i am looking for help and support as well.