Yesterday was a challenge

Options
well i saw that gross picture of myself, and knew i never wanted to look like that again. saturdays are notoriously bad for me, and i usually just sit at home and eat and eat.

well, yesterday broke down like this:

cereal with skim milk
1 banana
1 tuna sandwich on cheese bun
1 granola bar
1 fruit cup
1 apple sauce cup
1 cup milk with 4 low sugar high fiber cookies
2 cups mashed potatoes (made with becel and skim milk)
125g ground lean beef with 1/2 can mushroom soup mixed in, onions and mushrooms.

so, this was an extemely hard day for me. i was so mad about the photo, and really wanted to eat my face off, and was tempted from about 9am until 11pm when i went to bed.

I DID NOT GIVE IN!!

ya me. while i am proud of myself, what' funny is that as soon as i woke up this morning, all i could think about was eating bad food. i'm not going to let myself. i'm going to be good until my birthday weekend (turning 30) and have a brunch out with my mom, and keep going the next day. i'll have treats once in a while, but for special occasions, not just becasue it's "saturday" or "tuesday".

hopefully i'll make it through today. i wanted to go to a movie this afternoon, but honestly, i dont trust myself. if losing weight means that i have to give up some fun thigns for the first little while, that's fine with me. i'll win this battle.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    well i saw that gross picture of myself, and knew i never wanted to look like that again. saturdays are notoriously bad for me, and i usually just sit at home and eat and eat.

cereal with skim milk
    1 banana
    1 granola bar
    1 fruit cup
    1 apple sauce cup
    125g ground lean beef with 1/2 can mushroom soup mixed in, onions and mushrooms.

so, this was an extemely hard day for me. i was so mad about the photo, and really wanted to eat my face off, and was tempted from about 9am until 11pm when i went to bed.

I DID NOT GIVE IN!!

ya me. while i am proud of myself, what' funny is that as soon as i woke up this morning, all i could think about was eating bad food. i'm not going to let myself. i'm going to be good until my birthday weekend (turning 30) and have a brunch out with my mom, and keep going the next day. i'll have treats once in a while, but for special occasions, not just becasue it's "saturday" or "tuesday".

hopefully i'll make it through today. i wanted to go to a movie this afternoon, but honestly, i dont trust myself. if losing weight means that i have to give up some fun thigns for the first little while, that's fine with me. i'll win this battle.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    You go girl! YOU CAN DO IT! I believe in you! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • bbright53
    Options
    You probably won't have to give up fun things for long. Once you get your cravings under better control you'll be able to do things like go to the movies (without the buttered popcorn). In the mean time try to find new fun things to do. Go for a bike ride? Take a walk with a friend (more time for chatting than a movie anyway)

You can do this!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Great job! It will get easier, you are doing a good job. Like you said, it is ok to treat yourself occasionally but you and I both need to break the habit of... oh its friday night, I need this or that. I am very much like that.
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    the first ten pounds was hard for me. It took that long for my "bad" food cravings to start to subside. And i still slip up (you should have seen what i ate in Savannah, oh my!). And it takes a while for your body to adjust to exercising when it would rather be doing... well, anything else. My suggestion is to find some heathy things you really like and eat a lot of them, so you don't feel deprived. My favorites are my homemade chicken vegetable soup and Lean Cuisine's chicken in peanut sauce. And you can find some healthy treats to help replace the sugar and fats you crave. Kashi's dark chocolate cherry trail mix bars are awesome. Don't look at old pictures. Plan for new ones. Don't think too much about where you were --- look ahead to where you are going. You did GREAT in fighting temptation, and I am proud of you! My one suggestion is to get up and get moving when you feel like that. It doesn't matter if you clean house, or exercise or go wander around it a bookstore; just get out of the space and it helps. It gets easier as you go along and the weight starts to come off and you just feel better. Good luck, and you can do it!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options

cereal with skim milk
    1 banana
    1 granola bar
    1 fruit cup
    1 apple sauce cup

I DID NOT GIVE IN!!

You did great! I also find the weekends to be challenge eating wise for me! I have also been making better efforts on staying on the clean pathway of eating healthy! Before intsead of just taking one day from the weekend for a cheat meal. I took all the days starting from Friday and ending on Sunday. I realized that was not helping me strive to my goals. I have recommitted myself to a healthy way of weekend eating and its working!

Steph