Rewards

Options
Ok, so to help me get to the gym more (and motivate me out of this junk food funk) I bought stickers yesterday. I got a package of apple sticks to put on the calendar for everyday I eat within my limits, and a package of WOW! stickers for everyday I work out in the gym for 45 (or more) minutes.

Now my only problem is, after how many good stickers should I get a "reward"? And what should this reward be? I don't want it to be food, and I don't want it to be a free pass on not going to the gym.

What do you guys do, or what would you guys like?

Thanks! :drinker:

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ok, so to help me get to the gym more (and motivate me out of this junk food funk) I bought stickers yesterday. I got a package of apple sticks to put on the calendar for everyday I eat within my limits, and a package of WOW! stickers for everyday I work out in the gym for 45 (or more) minutes.

Now my only problem is, after how many good stickers should I get a "reward"? And what should this reward be? I don't want it to be food, and I don't want it to be a free pass on not going to the gym.

What do you guys do, or what would you guys like?

Thanks! :drinker:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    new clothes :bigsmile:
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    well, you don't want the period to be so long that you feel like your never gonna get there or hard that one little slipup or problem makes it impossible. What about a small weekly goal --- like 5 apples or WOWs -- that gets you something you want that is really small - $5-10 bucks maybe, then a monthly goal of, say 22 apples/WOWs that gets you something nicer -- like a new shirt or skirt or maybe some hot shoes?
  • bbright53
    Options
    You're going to need new clothes if you keep up your resolve and it is so much fun to go try on smaller sizes!
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I love the idea of stickers. I think I'll try that too! A reward for me would be a book. I love to read so buying a new book would be good. Think of what you love, besides food and go for it.:flowerforyou:
  • cfoster
    Options
    Spa day
  • jillb2727
    Options
    I like the sticker idea....

Here's what my friend & I are doing for rewards (monthly usually)

pedicure, massage, one new clothing item in a smaller size hopefully, new perfume, a free night of babysitting.....whatever works for you & will keep you motivated!

The ultimate prize at the end of our competition is a cruise! The one who loses least has to buy the others ticket! Talk about motivation.....
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Great Idea!

I would choose smaller and bigger rewards. Like maybe 20 stickers and you get a new outfit, 50 and you get something more expensive like a massage. A mani-pedi is a nice reward for ajob well done!