Dried Fruit...

Options
smitty328
smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
If I were to buy dried fruit in bulk at Winco, what would be the best choices.....that are not loaded with sugar????? Thanks Pals!:smile:

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit always has a ton of sugar. The water is gone but the fructose remains. It's natural sugar, but it's still there.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Read your labels. Unfortunately most dried fruit has added sugar, so if you are trying to lose weight, it should be considered a "treat" or used sparingly. I do love a few dried cranberries or raisins in a chicken salad w/blue cheese though!!
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    buy freeze dried fruit with no sugar added. I buy Brothers-All-Natural freeze dried fruit with nothing added. They come in little single portion packs which each only have 35-45 calories each (depending on the type of fruit)
  • layasideEVERYweight
    Options
    soooo much sugar...dentists say its like THE WORST (next to fruit snacks) for causing cavities too
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Sugar in our diet is not a problem unless you drink soda pop or eat alot of candy, pastries, ice cream etc. I go over my daily limit with fresh fruit but i could care less i eat a natural unprocessed diet. My grandparents, great grandparents ate everything cooked in lard, home made pies, cakes quiet often and lived to late 80's-100s. They also never ate boxed foods be it premade or heat and serve. They didn't drink a gallon of pop from a convenience store as it was seen as a treat not a beverage. Dried fruit had exceptional nutritional benefits but calories are calories so eat according to your calorie budget.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love dates and prunes...can even have them on crackers. And they've got tons of fibre.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thank You....at one time I had bought mangos....wowzers, it kinda tasted like I was eating a dried fish and I thought the sugar was a little bit over kill... I guess I will forget about that one!!!! Thanks again guys, I appreciate the feedback!!!!!!