OMG.......I wanna cry!

Options
I just took some before the weight lose pic and I had no idea I looked like that, I just wanna cry :0(

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Its ok dont cry.. get mad lol, just think about how good the during and afters are gonna
    look
  • LeeLeeTunk
    LeeLeeTunk Posts: 84
    Options
    Dont cry!! Let it be that much more of a motivation! :flowerforyou:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. I just keep telling myself I don't want to look like that and it's a lot of motivation.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    It's ok... Trust me... It's ok....

Take your moment. Cry for a second if you need to. But then, realize.... YOU WILL MAKE THE CHANGE! How proud are you going to be when you can post the AFTER pics?

YOU CAN DO THIS! We are here to help. Add me as a friend if you need. When I first joined I had over 100 pounds to lose. I still have a long way to go...but I'm slowly surely making adjustments. It will take a while, but with the right support and mindset you can do it hun!

Hope your day gets better. We are here to help!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You did a good thing by having a staring point. Just imagine in 2 months you can look at those pictures and see that you have become a different person. We all have to start somewhere. I still look at my start picture sometimes. It's on my profile. It helps me go back on track when I stray. Hand in there! This is just the beginning :)
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    Use that as motivation! Now you know where you don't want to be. Print a few out and put them in the fridge, the the pantry, in your work out area (if you work out at home) and maybe in the bathroom. I know that's why a lot of people are here, they saw that one picture of themselves and went, "OMG!" Good luck, you can do this!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Awwww.... If you have to cry, cry. Then add a bunch of friends and tell yourself you won't always look like this. I have only been on here (MFP) a little over a month. I have amazing friends that support me and keep me motivated. So far I have lost 17lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I feel that way everytime I look at my prom picture. Literally one-derland. It used to majorly depress me, and honestly it still does from time to time, but you just gotta learn to harden from your mistakes that caused you to gain weight and let that picture be your goal!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    How brave of you to do that.. and according to your ticker, you are already down 3 lbs.. so celebrate the awesomeness of what you are embarking upon and remember, that is your BEFORE pic.. :flowerforyou:
  • kris512
    kris512 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's okay. Cry if you need to, but then just keep working at it. You'll get there!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I felt the same way when I first started my journey. Thank goodness I started when I did.
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I understand completely! I did the same after my before pictures. I wanted to throw up just looking at them. I still loathe them.

But they are AWESOME motivators! I made mine my background picture on my laptop and cringed every time I opened my computer..

The good news is that they were quickly replace by thinner pictures. But I still have them to remind me where I never want to be again...and that if I am capable of making myself this unhealthy and I am MORE than capable of getting myself to the place I want to be. Far away from that resemblance of me.

Good luck! Stay strong! And take it one day at a time.:wink:
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That happened to me. The owner of the preschool I work out comes in and takes pictures of the children, etc. I happened to be in one. OUCH. Is that ME???!!!!. Yep it was. Time to get that weight off. We can do this. and then we will have "after" pictures and that will be awesome. :)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Crying is both healthy and healing! I think a lot of times we do not "see" how we look because we don't want too. I know that is true for me. I have been overweight since the age of 9 and have never seen myself as big as I was. I was appalled when I saw my wedding pictures. I have seen other pics of myself over the years, but when I was too ashamed to hang wedding pictures on my wall I knew I needed to do something to change it. 50 pounds later I am proud to display my pictures and am no longer ashamed to display my weight either. Feel free to add me as a friend....and best wishes to you on this journey :heart:
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    don't cry... it all gets better from now on :smile:
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It only gets better from here! Everyone needs a starting place. :) As others have said, USE IT! Look at that picture and say, "this is the last time I'm going to ever look like this, because I'm making positive life changes starting NOW!"

It takes a lot of courage to look at ourselves honestly and admit that we have a problem that needs fixing, so please do congratulate yourself on your bravery. You've taken a HUGE step. I didn't take any "before" pictures until I had already lost 10 lb because I was way too scared, and once I met my original goals, I was really disappointed that I didn't have a proper "before" to compare myself to!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    You may be upset now, but when you're posting your "before and after" photos and people are saying "Wow, I wouldn't recognise you" you'll realise that it is well worth it.

My only regret is that I looked too disgusting for me to pluck up courage to get someone to take a "before" picture of me, fat rolls and overhanging stomach and creased back and all, so I'll never be able to demonstrate see my full progress.
  • vdubmomma
    vdubmomma Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes I agree don't cry! I know its hard to think that. Trust me I am there right now I recently did the dreaded before photos in a bikini of all things and I almost cried too! But I also agree with getting mad too! That's what I am trying to do and hoping it will motivate me. I did this years ago when I gained a bunch of weight out of high schools and trust me the before pictures really help! So keep your head up and just get motivated and before you know it you will look great!! :happy:
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, I try so hard I wrokout everyday @ the gym and my 30 day shred but I have to work even harder because I have hypothyrodism, I hate that the scale barely move, i'm pretty sure if I didn't have it i'll be like 30lbs lighter by now!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I had an overactive thyroid and lost a ton of weight. I loved it but it was quite severe so I had to have the radioactive iodine treatment to kill my thyroid. I've struggled since then :( keep ur chin up we can do this!