Hey everybody! :) new here

Options
Hello everyone!:D I'm Mae! I'm female, 18, 5'6", 126 lbs.:) I know I'm at a healthy weight but I'm really wanting to lose some fat and tone up :) I really like MyFitnessPal and I have it as an app on my itouch ^.^

My weight has always fluctuated up and down due to my lack of consistency in exercising and eating right. But I'm finally putting my foot down and deciding to work really hard to get and maintain an attractive fit body and lifestyle.:) It helps a lot to be a part of a site like this that will keep me accountable.

Thanks! Happy summer everybody!! :D

Mae<3

Replies

• Inspiredtobe
    Inspiredtobe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP! (:

I looked at your profile and I'm a bit concerned that your goal weight seems to be 100lbs. If you didn't know already, that's an extremely unhealthy weight for someone at 5'6. I understand you need to tone, but you don't need to lose 26 pounds for that. Toning is just working on getting some muscles and losing the extra fat. All you really need to do is work on your abs and muscle group with a bit of cardio. The 30 day shred is a good workout plan that helps you get toned.

Feel free if you'd like to add me. MFP has a bunch of nice people and helps you get motivated. Stay healthy!
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    Oh, okay thankyou :) I tried a BMI calculator though and it says even 2 lbs over 110 would still be healthy.. I'm just trying to make myself work hard. Is that an okay goal? Or 115 perhaps? Thanks again!
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    Oh, okay thankyou :) I tried a BMI calculator though and it says even 2 lbs over 110 would still be healthy.. I'm just trying to make myself work hard. Is that an okay goal? Or 115 perhaps? Thanks again!

Oops! Thought in ur post you said 110, not 100. Yeah I know and all go ahead and change that right now! Thanks again, I believe I set my goal weight a while back when I didn't realize that that would be unhealthy.

Cheers!
    Mae