No One Notices

Options
2»

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    It was only when I had lost about 60 lbs that people at work that I had not spoken to about my weight loss started commenting - and the mostly when they found me in the kitchen preparing a healthy salad while the were heating up their pies....

One guy actually told me had noticed, but did not think it was polite to ask......so they will start noticing, but it might take a bit longer before you get comments.....

But I also found that once people knew about my journey they are my biggest cheerleaders...... In my office at least 6 others are now using MFP after being motivated to start their own journeys.....

I think they are thinking "heck if she can do it it can't be all that hard"

Fantastic result - keep on going - the benefits - and how good you will feel (if you are not already) is worth so much more than other people's comments......

My biggest compliment - "you have a sparkle in your eyes"
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    It was painful to read the comment. (from your husband?) Think how much better your body functions without the extra weight. Because, really, vanity may be what drives us to begin the weight loss, but this lifestyle will bring us into optimum body function for the long term. The people that see us every day get used to our overall proportions, and since we may still have the same basic proportions, though smaller, they don't analyze it as much as we do. Don't undo your hard work because of someone's thoughtless comment. You are WORTH this!