Bender Ball & Perfect Pushup

Options
I am curious to see if anybody else uses the Bender Ball or Perfect Pushup. Both enhance the basic pushup and sit up. I am however curious how much of a difference these tools provide over the standard exercise. If anybody know the answer to this or know how to properly log this I would appreciate the advice.

Replies

• dblackthe2nd
    Options
    I am curious to see if anybody else uses the Bender Ball or Perfect Pushup. Both enhance the basic pushup and sit up. I am however curious how much of a difference these tools provide over the standard exercise. If anybody know the answer to this or know how to properly log this I would appreciate the advice.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to log this. I have used the Bender Ball in some of the Ab classes at my gym. We also use it for triceps (it makes you keep your elbows together while you lift the weights) and for legs (squeeze between the knees). I think it can be an effective tool, but I personally have to be very careful when using it for abs because I have a bad lower back. On some of the exercises it just didn't feel right. I don't think it ads any actual calorie burning, but it probably makes you use different muscles than you would otherwise.
  • karab
    Options
    i have the bender ball and i find that it seems to really work my abs- i haven't used it for a while b/c i am just getting back into working out after surgery. it seems to make crunches much harder and it is a great tool to relax and stretch out your stomach on after a really hard workout. but... basic crunches will probably work just as well without buying any equipment.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I was alos wondering about the perfect pushup thingy. I can see where it might work... but could also see where it might screw you up?
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    The perfect push up works ok for a standard push up, but you can get better results out of your pushups by putting your hands at different widths and using different angles, like putting your feet on a chair or stairs. i like using standard push up grip bars, so u can go past your chest and get that extra stretch at the bottom.