Replies

• melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    54 lbs in 20 weeks
  • bexter7
    bexter7 Posts: 13
    Options
    Its taken me 3 months to lose 44lbs..... its been HAAARD though.

Good Luck!!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm down 45 in about 5 months
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Just my current state of mind: I'm in this for life. It doesn't matter to me how long it takes to lose the weight. I just know I'm going to lose it. If I look at dieting as a temporary thing, then that's what the weight loss will be. Temporary. :cry:

So...I choose to diet more days than not. To keep my net calories between 1200 and 1800 per day [cycling with no particular pattern]. To exercise as often as possible and eat my exercise calories. Or not. To not freak out when I eat over my net calories or have the odd treat. To never allow myself to think "I've blown it". After all, if I'm in this for life, how can I blow it? A little over indulgence may slow things down, but I have time. Even if I die tomorrow, I'll weight less and be happier than I was when I started.

I don't set deadlines. That would be counter-productive by adding unnecessary stress, which leads to cortisol release, which leads to fat gain and plateaus....just not going there anymore. Going to the happy, healthy place realistically...which means I keep it flexible and keep it real. I don't impose food choices on myself that I can't sustain. I'm changing my habits gradually.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I lost about 55lbs in 8 months
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    20 lbs in 4 1/2 months.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    2.5 months 36 pounds
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have lost 51 lbs since Jan 1. Started at 180 and weighed 229 this morning.

But I believe it depends on a lot of factors, like how much you have to lose, how much exercise you are doing, how many calories you are eating, your metabolism and other factors that might slow down or speed up the process. Just stay with it, be consistent and you will see it come off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!