Nike+

Options
Does anyone use Nike+? It's where the shoes have like a tracking device and you can have it set up on an armband or use your ipod and it'll tell you while you're running how far you've gone and how many calories burned.

I am really interested in it, and I'd like some input. Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use Nike+? It's where the shoes have like a tracking device and you can have it set up on an armband or use your ipod and it'll tell you while you're running how far you've gone and how many calories burned.

I am really interested in it, and I'd like some input. Thanks! :happy:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Same here. Posting so I can follow up later. :smile:
  • JanCar
    Options
    Yes, my husband an I both have used Nike+ for about a year. I LOVE it. The database is very handy and also very motivating. None of my running shoes have been Nike+ compatible, but I bought a little "pouch" off Amazon that is made for just this situation. I strap it on the top of my shoe with the laces and it works fine. One neat little feature is when you set a new record (farthest run, fastest run, etc), a athlete like Lance Armstrong comes in and congratulates you!

Definitely recommend it.
  • raincloud
    Options
    Yes, my husband an I both have used Nike+ for about a year. I LOVE it. The database is very handy and also very motivating. None of my running shoes have been Nike+ compatible, but I bought a little "pouch" off Amazon that is made for just this situation. I strap it on the top of my shoe with the laces and it works fine. One neat little feature is when you set a new record (farthest run, fastest run, etc), a athlete like Lance Armstrong comes in and congratulates you!

Definitely recommend it.

I guess I should've also asked. Would is be good for walking too? I would assume so, but I'd just like to make sure.

THank you!
  • JanCar
    Options
    Yep, you can calibrate it for either walking or running. Just remember to walk at a normal pace when you do calibrate it.:drinker:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    I love mine so much I wore it out! I didn't realize that the battery in the sensor is not replaceable (FYI). It is good for running and/or walking and I found it to be very motivational. Well worth the thirty bucks.
  • raincloud
    Options
    I love mine so much I wore it out! I didn't realize that the battery in the sensor is not replaceable (FYI). It is good for running and/or walking and I found it to be very motivational. Well worth the thirty bucks.

OH! I am glad you liked it! How long (roughly) did it take to run out?
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    I had it just over a year. From Jan. to May I was training for a 20K, so I was running from 26-31 miles a week. Shortly after the race, it died. I haven't replaced it, but I think I need to. It was so helpful for me, motivation-wise! And, also, I could try new routes and know my distance without driving or mapping online.
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Oh, and my first shoes were Nikes, but since then I've used something that attaches to the shoelace too.
  • MarineBugler
    Options
    I actually bought one because I accidentally bought running shoes with the little pouch in the bottom!

Haha, I really love it. The data base / tracker for it is very cool and keeps me motivated. Every time I use it I want to beat what I did the time before.

:flowerforyou: