club soda

Options
Heliconia
Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
How bad is club soda for you? I know pop in general is bad for you, but does that include club soda? I am trying to cut back on my alcohol consumption and so think that probably between the two, club soda would be the lesser evil. Anyone know? Thanks all.

Replies

• cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It is actually not bad for you at all. Just watch the sodium if you have high blood pressure :)
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I've switched from sodas to the unsweetened flavored sparkling water. The ones without artificial sweeteners. I get my bubbles, they're 0 calories, and 0 sodium!! The lemon and orange are my faves. Crisp flavor
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    There are some great sparkling waters out there that are fab. Zephyrhills just came out with a new line....not sweet, but just an essence of flavor. I kicked the soda habit completely so this is a great and tasty alternative. My favorite flavors are raspberry lime and mandarin orange.
  • wenlot7
    wenlot7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would say club soda is not bad for you. It's like drinking carbonated water. So..it's almost like drinking water. Though you should probably start drinking water and start waning off drinking seltzer.
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Mineral waters often have sodium, I don't think club soda or seltzer usually has it - but it is always good to read the label. It is basicallly fuzzy water and you can add lemon, lime or orange slices to it to get a great flavor. Good way to get your fluids. :smile:
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    The main culprits in sodas are the sugars (real or artificial) and the caffeine. Club soda has neither :) I like to mix a little 100% juice into my club soda and make a fruity, fizzy drink :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It is GREAT for getting red wine stains out of your clothes, furniture, carpets, curtains, etc...