Yo Yo Weight since age 8

Options
sbrown6
sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
Hello All,

Just signed up today at the advice of a very fit friend. I have had weight problems since childhood and have lost weight on every dang diet I was on. The problem is that eventually the diet ends and all teh weight comes back plus a little extra each time. This time I wanna do this for real. I need a new lifestyle that I can live with for the rest of my life. I think MFP will help. I am truly inspired by all of the success stories I have seen here. Looking forward to my new life! It starts today!

Replies

• KeiKeiStar
    KeiKeiStar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

It is truly a lifestyle change, not a diet to be affective. I think the key is that physical activity is not a option. Find something that you can truly do for the rest of your life. If that is walking, then walk places that you go often. I use to live 1.25 miles from campus so I walked from campus a couple of times a week. It wasn't like exercise, it was a apart of my daily routine. I called a chatty friend and got to steppin. If you have a dog, go for long versus short walks.

keeping the food log will help with intake control. If you stay out of the red, you should be fine. It may take you a little while to learn to budget your calories, carbs, fat. But keep at it and you'll stay in the green eventually.

Mostly, you didnt gain it in a day, you won't loose it in a day. Enjoy the process, explore new healthy dishes, learn how to prepare veggies. Don't become preoccupied with the numbers. If you are eating right and exercising, your pants will let you know.

Best of luck.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement KeiKei!