21st birthday coming up...help!

Options
My 21st birthday is in a couple of weeks. I want to have fun on my birthday, but I know I'm gonna be thinking about how many calories it all is, and how bloated it's gonna make me. I know I should be able to splurge once in a while, but I've been doing that a lot lately and now I'm finally back on track to weight loss.
So my question is what are some good lower calorie drinks that I can get at the bar? What should I avoid drinking? I know that inevitably I will end up drinking free shots, but when I order my own drinks what are the best drinks to get that are the least amount of calories? I'm open to pretty much anything! Thanks!

Replies

• nascent
    nascent Posts: 28
    Options
    It's your 21st, just splurge! :) And congrats.
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    If you HAVE to drink beer, drink one of the low-cal beers, like budweiser select 55 or miller 64.. If you want liquor, I always go for vodka soda w/ extra lime or whiskey soda. What you should AVOID are mixed sweet/prissy drinks because they have a crap load of mixers like sweet and sour and they are full of sugar. Most shots you'll be getting will be mixed shots, which have the sugary mixers in them, so you can't really avoid those unless you take straight liquor shots and if you take straight liquor shots all night you are going to be hugging porcelain before the evening is over.

My best advice? Have fun because counting calories is going to work until the drinks start flowing and then you are going to completely forget about it or not be in control of it when people are buying you drinks. One night isn't going to kill ya, so live it up.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i agree with the above post. go out and have a blast! you only turn 21 once.

i'm personally a beer fan (light beer....) and that's what i tend to stick to. stay away from mixed drinks if you're not looking to splurge too incredibly much.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    vodka shots!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Just have fun. You only turn 21 once.
  • HelloKittyRx
    Options
    My fav low cal drink is rum and diet coke. Or diet dr. pepper. Have fun and Happy Birthday!