25% of weight gone

Options
swordsmith
swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
I started on April 4 deciding to start my life style change. I use MFP to track my cals. Other then that cut out a whole ton of crap food, and for the last 8 weeks have been at the gym 5 days/week (working with a trainer once per week), walking every day 2-3 miles and take krav maga 4 times per week.

I started 120 pounds over. Weighed myself yesterday and I have lost 30 pounds in 9 weeks- only 90 to go!

Have to say even with 30 pounds gone I feel so much better- and I am diabetic but my sugars have come down so much already that my doctor has taken me off two insulins all together and the third is at a minimum dose. Then add in the feeling better generally, an excited wife, shopping for clothes one X smaller then before, etc etc and this whole weight loss thing is pretty cool.

Replies

• callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    that is great...... keep up the great work......
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    This is awesome, congrats! :)
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! Congrats on your weight loss so far and coming off two of the meds! What a great testimony to the power of healthy living! :flowerforyou:
  • adurfee
    adurfee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Keep it up, I'm proud of you, you've stuck with it so well!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great success. You are on a roll!!!
  • acrathbun
    acrathbun Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations! As a medical clinic manager, I can tell you that your dedication to improving your health probably made your doctor's day - they really do get excited when patients do so well.

Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!