DIE BINGE MONSTER DIE!!!

Options
oh god, make it stop.....

seriously want to binge soooooooooooooooo bad. i've picked up the phone to order pizza 3 times now, but i will not do it!!!

i'm really hungry (or am i?) and i've just had my mid afternoon snack of mini carrots and almonds, and i have a granola bar planned for 1.25 hours from now.

i'm drinking lots of water, trying to keep myself occupied, but it is so hard.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options

seriously want to binge soooooooooooooooo bad. i've picked up the phone to order pizza 3 times now, but i will not do it!!!

i'm really hungry (or am i?) and i've just had my mid afternoon snack of mini carrots and almonds, and i have a granola bar planned for 1.25 hours from now.

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Just think how good you will feel if you DON'T give in!!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!!! Remember that!!!!!!

I always feels worse after a binge. ALWAYS!

You can do it!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I just got off a 3 days binge in where I gained 6 pounds :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

So not worth it. But once you start it is SO hard to stop. And now I have to work extra had to get these pounds off AGAIN, and I really wanted to be able to say 50lbs lost a week from today. :sad:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Benefit from the hundreds I spent on therapy:

Here are two questions to ask yourself:

what will bingeing solve?

what are you really hungry for? (that's the hard one. . .and it's not pizza, probably.)

Take a walk, play a video game, read a book. . .do anything that's not eating. Don't give in to the pizza. You're stronger than the pizza.:flowerforyou:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just binged on fun size candy bars (4 reeses cups, 1 kitkat)
    Now I feel like crap ... literally my stomach hurts and I feel guilty. That caused me to go over 500 calories
  • girldeese
    Options
    Believe me I binged the other day....I ate 4 cupcakes in a row! I wanted to puke afterwards I felt so bad!! It isn't worth it!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

It WILL GET EASIER...the more hours, days, weeks you put into keeping away from the tricky foods, really it does get easier... But coming back from a binge...WHEW is SO not EASY.

Just tell yourself you can have it later, this is what I do...then later comes and I either don't want it or I still want it, then I tell myself I can have it later...by then I get busy doing way different things than wanting not so healthy food that later turns into the next day. I get stronger with each hour I don't binge, each day, etc. Binging is tough when you get caught in the web...

Try very hard NOT to go the pizza route...the carbs will pull you in so hard you'll end up with much more than an evening binge....simple carbs are very very addictive and the least healthy of foods we can feed ourselves.

It's ok if you need to grab an apple and some cheese to stave off this binge thinking...maybe half an apple and a slice of cheese...the protein and healhy carb will put your mind someplace else. Can you do some situps, stretches, vacumn do something healthy and productive and trust me the binge thoughts will DIE.:laugh: :drinker: Truly they will, now tomorrow you may still have them but they will have lessened by not giving in tonight,

You are at the begining of a huge change in your life....you can be SUCESSFUL....but keep the control...as you are the one in CONTROL right now.

Don't allow the PIZZA to control where you want to go in life.... I do truly understand what you mean when you say, 'grab the phone book for pizza'.....but think on this!! YOU HAVE GRABBED IT 3 TIMES now and put it down each time!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

THAT IS SUCCESS in itself !!! Think on 1 minute of success if that is what it takes, then build up to 5 minutes, then you'll be at 15 minutes, pretty soon more time will have passed and you'll be in a different mind set.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Water water and more water...to cleanse your body and your mind and fill you up a bit. If you truly are feeling hungry for food allow yourself a healthy mini meal but as someone mentioned. IS IT food you're hungry for? Journal Journal journal your feelings, most likely it's habit and underlying things that are creating the potential binge! You're breaking a simple carb addition...that is NOT easy to do...but it can be done!

You'll be on my mind...please check in with us....yank out the pizza pages and toss them in the dumpster if that would make it easier, to show that you are in control and pizza is not the one in power.

You are STRONG you CAN DO THIS, we have all gone through this and from time to time still do!
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

It WILL GET EASIER...the more hours, days, weeks you put into keeping away from the tricky foods, really it does get easier... But coming back from a binge...WHEW is SO not EASY.

Just tell yourself you can have it later, this is what I do...then later comes and I either don't want it or I still want it, then I tell myself I can have it later...by then I get busy doing way different things than wanting not so healthy food that later turns into the next day. I get stronger with each hour I don't binge, each day, etc. Binging is tough when you get caught in the web...

Try very hard NOT to go the pizza route...the carbs will pull you in so hard you'll end up with much more than an evening binge....simple carbs are very very addictive and the least healthy of foods we can feed ourselves.

It's ok if you need to grab an apple and some cheese to stave off this binge thinking...maybe half an apple and a slice of cheese...the protein and healhy carb will put your mind someplace else. Can you do some situps, stretches, vacumn do something healthy and productive and trust me the binge thoughts will DIE.:laugh: :drinker: Truly they will, now tomorrow you may still have them but they will have lessened by not giving in tonight,

You are at the begining of a huge change in your life....you can be SUCESSFUL....but keep the control...as you are the one in CONTROL right now.

Don't allow the PIZZA to control where you want to go in life.... I do truly understand what you mean when you say, 'grab the phone book for pizza'.....but think on this!! YOU HAVE GRABBED IT 3 TIMES now and put it down each time!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

THAT IS SUCCESS in itself !!! Think on 1 minute of success if that is what it takes, then build up to 5 minutes, then you'll be at 15 minutes, pretty soon more time will have passed and you'll be in a different mind set.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Water water and more water...to cleanse your body and your mind and fill you up a bit. If you truly are feeling hungry for food allow yourself a healthy mini meal but as someone mentioned. IS IT food you're hungry for? Journal Journal journal your feelings, most likely it's habit and underlying things that are creating the potential binge! You're breaking a simple carb addition...that is NOT easy to do...but it can be done!

You'll be on my mind...please check in with us....yank out the pizza pages and toss them in the dumpster if that would make it easier, to show that you are in control and pizza is not the one in power.

You are STRONG you CAN DO THIS, we have all gone through this and from time to time still do!
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

ahhhhh fitness_chick you always have awesome words!!!

you can do this like fitness chick said :bigsmile:
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Can you get outside, go for a walk, try reading a book, anything to get your mind off food.... GO treat yourself to something else that makes you feel good- a pedicure, a massage, a new pair of shoes. Usually when I want to binge it's because I am stressed or upset. Doing these things first, it helps with that binge craving.
  • Cjjhnson11
    Options
    One thing I always do to prevent bingeing is to allow myself one small serving of whatever I've been craving once a week. This week, it was Old Chicago pizza. It was my cheat meal of the week on Friday, and since I haven't wanted to binge on anything. Try drinking some unsweetened iced tea, which has flavor and may be a better substitute than water.

Also, the more you deny yourself a food, the more you crave it. So if you HAVE to have pizza, eat a few bites, and give the rest away. Remember, a few bites is a whole lot better than the whole pizza.

And always remember that by bingeing, you aren't just throwing away the progress of one day, you are throwing away all the hard work you've been doing. Bingeing is psychological, not physical.

Good luck and be strong!!!!!:happy:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Everytime you rest and don't make that phone call you are getting stronger and the binge monster is getting more sickly, just keep doing exactly what you're doing and that monster will be pushing up daisies one of these days.

Plan some pizza into your menu in hte next few days.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    ellelit:flowerforyou:

How ya hangin in there...hopefully you fought off the phone book and are now getting some good sleep!:yawn: