PCOS and IR

Options
Just looking for some motivation from people with PCOS and Insulin Resistance! I have been dealing with PCOS for 7 years but to no avail have gained more and more weight. I also have insulin resistance and used to have high insulin levels, but now they are normal! However, the weight only goes up, no matter how much I exercise and *try* to eat right...

I know it's possible to lose weight with PCOS and IR but I have no idea what to eat that won't make my body gain :( I've heard low GI diets might work, but I'd like to know what works for you!

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with PCOS for about 16 yrs. now. Was IR but was diagnosed with Diabetes last year.

I've soaked money into this diet and that diet, including "The GI Diet." Eat the right foods and get moving. Those two things are key to it all. Follow MFP to track your calories, carbs, sodium, etc. Eat back at least half of your workout calories, especially if you're using a HRM to track how much you burn.

A lot of people will tell you carbs are bad for you. Let me tell you, they're not. I've been doing this for over a year and I still eat carbs. Of course, there are better ones for you than some. Eat lots of veggies, moderate fruit and like I stated before, get moving. Moving burns calories and carbs.

That said, I still have my cake and eat it, too. ;)

Good luck!! :)
  • pineappleartist
    pineappleartist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good to know that I might be able to lose weight eating crabs! You're right, eating well and exercising is the only way and I can't avoid crabs all my life. Thanks for the tips!