Fatigue or Muscle Failure

abelamorales
abelamorales Posts: 15
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
So I am on Day 8 of P90X, Chest and Back, and for some reason I felt like my body was so much heavier than it was last week. My arms were like giving out on me, of course I pushed myself to the maximum and finished the workout. I'm eating right and also drinking plenty of water. What do you think the issue might be?

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Same thing happened to me right around the same time!

After a couple more days of it, I was back to normal and felt great!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    could be a number of things really mate.

t COULD be you're recovery strategy, which includes you're nutrition and sleep obviously.

How are you sleeping??
    Can we see you're food diary??

Could just be that you had a bad day too. That happens. Or did it genuinely feel like you're muscles were already spent??

I know very little about P90X. Perhaps throwing up the first 7 days of work for us to look at.
    Or more so, what did you do the day before? could be overtrained.
  • mideon_696
    yeah im actually thinking now that you may not be used to the workload???

What was you're exercise pattern before starting this program?
  • I must admit, the exercises I was doing before P90X were not anywhere near as intense. I'm in the military and my favorite exercise is the push-up of course, but for some reason I was struggling to even pump out 15 push-ups today which never happens. I usually can pump out 25-30 without any problem... I do workout at night, anywhere from 7:30 - 10pm the latest.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    It could be a glucose uptake problem later at night. Glucose levels are probably lower than during the day, and if the cells are not taking up nutrition. Couple of things to try. Make sure you are getting some starchy, and possibly even some sugars (Glucose/Sucrose) 30 min to an hour pre workout. If you are still having problems, maybe a supplement of some R-ALA to help drive some of that nutrition home.

Just a couple of ideas.
  • mideon_696
    not getting any symptoms of illness?

sounds like you're just not used to it if you are otherwise healthy and well rested.
    i'd stick with it, push through a few more days. I'm trusting here that the P90X program allows adequate rest time for each muscle group. So you should be able to adjust to it all in the coming weeks.

saintsparrow could be onto something also.

probably need to see you're diary. :p
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I agree with Mideon. Sleep and a good diet (with plenty of protein) are necessary for optimum recovery. Protein shake around workout time (with carbs is fine) will also benefit.

But everyone has bad days. Can't make PB's every day.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    up your mineral and vitamin supplementation. Your muscles can not recover the b vitamins in your body w/o magnesium and zinc and calcium.

Soreness is usual, but stay safely with in your training limits, never perform during pain.

good training!
This discussion has been closed.