New old chubby mom

wannabe7
wannabe7 Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a new mom (for the second time. other one is 6). I'm 35 (hence the 'old' part). Chubby would be because I've GAINED weight since having her. WTH?! Not fair. I am not an excellent eater or exerciser but I am not terrible! I know what the terms veggies and cardio mean. I walk at least 3 times a week. my home office is downstairs so I'm up and down stairs all day. I garden. etc... you get the point. but still. I gained. I'm sad. I need fitnesspal friends who are in similar situations to read and motivate me.

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hi! I also have a 6 yr old (girl) and 6 month old baby girl!! I am 33 yr old SAH momma. I gained 45lbs with 1st one and almost 40lbs with 2nd.....did I mention 35lbs the 1st yr of wedded bliss also? LOL!! So I let myself go but this site is awesome and so far has helped me immensly!! Please add me and we can motivate each other!!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Not in the same situation but I am a mom again at 46, my son was just adopted this year, and he is 4 now. He is the reason I feel the desire to lose this weight. I am determined to lose this weight and if you want a friend that is on here daily and can help motivate you can add me.
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Be sure to have your thryoid checked. Very very common to develop thryroid issues post partum. Something like 1 in 10 women do.
  • akofender
    akofender Posts: 6 Member
    I know how you feel. I am 37 and after my second child the weight did not come off. With my first child it came off in a few months with no exercise at all. Unfortunately and unfairly the older we get the harder it is to get the pounds off. Don't be discouraged. Try increasing your cardio, I have found that a mix of cardio (getting my heart rate up at intervals) and strength training has made a big difference for me. What I tried before just wasn't doing it any more.

You can do it!
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Ladies,

You are Not old!!:drinker:
  • acrathbun
    acrathbun Posts: 5
    I couldn't imagine having an infant again (I'm 37) but I CAN remember how exhausted I was when my kids were tiny. And I was pretty darn skinny then!

I'm new here & would love to make some friends - maybe we can motivate each other :)

(And ditto on the thyroid thing.)
  • wannabe7
    wannabe7 Posts: 3
    Ya, I hear you on the 'can't imagine having an infant' thing... :) Love her dearly, but 3:00 a.m.??? No. Not since I saw my 20's and it involved beer. I actually had my thyroid (and electrolytes, and hgb, and sugar) tested TODAY! Mainly why I thought to log back on. Doctor said I probably eat more than I think I do and "you are getting older and need to watch it more" or something like that...grrr... Thank YOU for requesting me! I'll do my best not to annoy. haha.
This discussion has been closed.