Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Slacking

So lately, mostly last week I had a bad week. I made some bad food choices and gained 2 lbs. I know it's not much, but it is really hard losing 2 lbs for me. I feel like my motivation is slipping. I need more friends on here to help motivate me and keep me in line. I guess that's why I've always been a fan of Jillian on The Biggest Loser. She's tough but makes you want to do more and be better.

Replies

• Hedone
    Hedone Posts: 92
    Keep up the good work. I feel the same way, but I know that we are able to have a bad day/week. Just think that you have lost 34 lbs so far, and just remember what it felt like when you lost that.

:flowerforyou:
  • janelle1993
    janelle1993 Posts: 128
    I was in the same boat last week! But I am back on track and know you'll do amazing this week and for may weeks to come. You've lost over 30 lbs. and should be really happy. So you don't get unmotivated take your mind off the two pound gain and focus on how muc your body has changed. (I know from experience you can't tell a 2lbs. weight gain when you look in the mirror). Good luck on the rest of your journey. If you need another friend add me!
  • laurenms88
    laurenms88 Posts: 10 Member
    I am feeling the same way the past two weeks :-( I don't know where my motivation has gone but I need to re-discover it! Add me and maybe we can motivate each other to get back on track!
  • Did you start in May '11 and already lost 37lb??? I think I need some of what you've had lol! Look it is hard going and I really struggled myself a couple of weeks back where I lost interest in the gym and ate c**p foods almost all week. It wasn't until the sunday or monday following the binge week that I felt rubbish - tired, bloated and really disappointed in myself so I made the decision there and then that even if i didnt work as hard as I had been there was no way i could go back to my old life style. It was basically a case of "Karen stop feeling so damned sorry for yourself and move your (not so much now) fat *kitten* and do SOMETHING!!"

You can and will do it because you don't want to go back believe me! 2lb is nothing in the great scheme of things. My god, it could be a p*o lol! It depends what works for you - we can be military style motivation or we can be overly empathic and sickly sweet :-) Just STOP BEING SOFT AND WORK HARD ON BECOMING HOT!!! lol xx
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    We all have up and down weeks so you're not alone. It's part of the learning process. And some weeks we just need a good break from our weight loss routine to have some fun. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't let yourself have bad weeks one after the other over and over. Soon you'll be back on track. Those bad weeks help to motivate some people to dig in even deeper.
  • Thanks everyone.